The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-27-2016, 10:53 AM   #1
trm303

New with high ambitions

Hey guys new here, I unfortunately do not yet have the truck I plan to build so sorry no pics but I am in the market and hopefully becoming a member here will help me with the first step! Let me first introduce myself, My name is Mac, I am in law enforcement but I am a mechanic on the side. Me and my father are both hobby fabricators in possession of a fairly well equipped machine shop capable of just about anything in the right hands. I am currently wrapping up my first automotive restomod of a suzuki samurai and as I get closer and closer to finishing (by mid summer the latest) I have been beginning to do research and shopping around for trucks. I am planning on building a 81-91 square body crew cab 4x4, throwing a 12v cummins in with a 5 or 6 speed behind it, and lifting it (tastefully). This will be replacing my chevy colorado DD when I am done. I basically want to build something for simplicity. A 12v with mechanical injection and a manual trans eliminates just about all the electronic BS most modern cars come with and the solid front axle in the front in my mind is much more durable and simple. Although it may provide creature comforts, make your car more efficient or what have you, these added electronics and sensors are just extra things for me to replace when they go bad, especially with most of GM now being made in other countries. The reason I chose this truck in particular is not only because this gen looks so bada$$, its also before they started implementing too many things to sort through (wiring, ecus, bcus, etc). Hopefully by the time I finish I will have a reliable, built to last truck that can double duty as a haul rig and a DD for long drives
trm303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 01:15 PM   #2
WE B CRUZN

Re: New with high ambitions

Welcome, sounds like a nice rig you have planed have fun with the build when you get to it.
WE B CRUZN is offline   Reply With Quote