The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-30-2016, 12:20 PM   #1
50bomb

tint

Anyone do tint on their trucks? doors and rear window? any pictures if you did it. I don't know how good it would look but I was thinking about it because I hate the sun burning my neck. I have small back window so it helps some but the door windows get me still. Just a thought.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:35 PM   #2
63burban
Chevy addict

Re: tint

I have a 1966 Suburban planning on tinted door glass and limo tint in the rear but the glass is not installed yet.
63burban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 02:13 PM   #3
64shortbox

50bomb,
When I purchased my 64 C-10 the back window was tinted with a film tint. The film is still like new showing no bubbles or turning a purple color etc. If you choose a film tint get a good brand - it's the cheap ones that will turn purple and or blister. The good stuff is about double the price of the cheap stuff but well worth it. The side & vent windows are actually tinted glass. The only problem I have is at night - the review mirror tends to reflect back off the tinted rear window so I'm looking back at the hood. My truck doesn't have back up lights & maybe with back up lights it would help. When I was installing my power windows I ended up breaking both my side windows and with me removing the side door glass and bringing them into the local glass shop they cut & installed new tinted glass in the channel for - if I remember correctly about $45 to $48 each glass and I reinstalled them back in my truck. I do like the tinted windows definitely keeps the inside cooler. I live in the Central Valley of California and it does get into the triple digits during the summer.
Attached Images

64shortbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 02:50 PM   #4
padresag

I have an original green tinted small back window from a 66 GMC. fellow had parted out a custom cab with all tinted and used it for his panel. one can always look for that stuff. it just won't blank out the interior which may not be legal everywhere
ron
padresag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 02:57 PM   #5
50bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64shortbox View Post
50bomb,
When I purchased my 64 C-10 the back window was tinted with a film tint. The film is still like new showing no bubbles or turning a purple color etc. If you choose a film tint get a good brand - it's the cheap ones that will turn purple and or blister. The good stuff is about double the price of the cheap stuff but well worth it. The side & vent windows are actually tinted glass. The only problem I have is at night - the review mirror tends to reflect back off the tinted rear window so I'm looking back at the hood. My truck doesn't have back up lights & maybe with back up lights it would help. When I was installing my power windows I ended up breaking both my side windows and with me removing the side door glass and bringing them into the local glass shop they cut & installed new tinted glass in the channel for - if I remember correctly about $45 to $48 each glass and I reinstalled them back in my truck. I do like the tinted windows definitely keeps the inside cooler. I live in the Central Valley of California and it does get into the triple digits during the summer.
Yea money is not the issue and YOUR truck looks GREAT!! Thought maybe it would look off with the tint but I love it. Thanks!
Old 04-30-2016, 04:08 PM   #6
chad64chevy

I believe I got my dark tinted glass from brothers! they have clear, green tint, an smoke, I got the smoke and had them do the wing vent glass too! so now the side window, wing vents and big back glass have a factory dark tint to them so I won't have to worry about fading, or blistering or anything like that! just another thought for you, I don't have any pics since my truck is still in pieces
chad64chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:03 PM   #7
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

Make sure its legal AND dont go too dark on back window if you drive at night, you will get an awful glare and cant see out the back window.

I got my windows recut with the tint between the panes, like that alot!

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:31 AM   #8
'63GENIII

Interesting note on the glare off the back window at night. I thought I was the only one. It's annoying enough to me that Ive considered taking the tint off. I have often thought that having some real bright (LED) backup lights may help.

I also really like the idea of having tinted glass cut for the back and sides. Id be curious to hear from anyone who has done this and if it helps with the glare and rear night vision issue?

'63 k15 long step
Vortec 7.4 - L29 Blackbear tune, Five 0 Motorsports injectors, Chris Straub Cam, NV4500, divorced 205
52" front and 63" rear spring swap
D44 / 14bff - disc axles
Milemarker 9K and 10.5K hydraulic winches

63" & B52 Spring Install http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ng+swap+thread

NV4500 Reverse Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=reverse+build

L29 - 7.4 Vortec Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...&highlight=L29
'63GENIII is offline   Reply With Quote