The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-06-2016, 07:15 AM   #1
Woodyboat

Stacy David's Gearz

Does anyone here watch this show?

I like Stacy's personality a lot. I also really like his attitude about keeping the old cars on the road. And he's had a few projects that have really spoken to me personally such as the Project Copperhead and Knucklebuster. But a few months back, I paid for a year's subscription and began to cruise all of the Gearz website. Pretty soon, I found myself referring back to certain episodes, especially the Knucklebuster shows, over and over again. Hey, that's why we piston heads keep our car old magazines around. They become our reference library.

So it's been a few months since I was on the site. The other day, I went back to view some old shows and they're ALL GONE!! It seems they've all been moved to YouTube and have been replaced with new shows. I say that "IT SEEMS" they have been moved. But I can't find what I'm looking for either on YouTube OR the Gearz site.

Ok, I'm just venting a little.
Woodyboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:21 AM   #2
riz

Re: Stacy David's Gearz

I tried to find the Knuckle Buster series a month ago on YouTube..... couldn't find them either.

RIZ
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:09 AM   #3
Shugalou

I just searched it and found it right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goEXVVaHhDI

Newspaper Article Publishing the quest find my dad's old truck
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...ticle12494281/
Shugalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:10 AM   #4
Shugalou

I have watched this one several times...I was going to do the DJM parts until this forum educated me about belltech

Newspaper Article Publishing the quest find my dad's old truck
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...ticle12494281/
Shugalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 04:27 PM   #5
GRX

Not a fan. Would put the show in the - "hey look at all the cool stuff I can do with expensive equipment supplied by the show's sponsors" category.
Old 05-06-2016, 05:08 PM   #6
Jake Wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRX View Post
Not a fan. Would put the show in the - "hey look at all the cool stuff I can do with expensive equipment supplied by the show's sponsors" category.
Exactly! The 30 minute show is like a 25 minute ad.
Jake Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 05:39 PM   #7
Woodyboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRX View Post
That's one reason why I liked the episodes from the earlier seasons. They weren't quite as bad but still.... I know what you're saying. They're basically just info-mercials.

However, there was one episode that I was really wanting to see. They took a 69 C10 long bed and shortened it to make a short bed. It takes up several YouTube vids and begins with this link;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REUsfEUv5Mo
Woodyboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 11:30 PM   #8
69heavychevy

I tried watching the show but got tired real quick of the constant plugs for their sponsors. Also got really annoyed with the constant slamming and throwing of things by the shows host.
Old 05-07-2016, 02:01 PM   #9
Malo83
Cruzzzn' Vet

Never cared for the guy, tooo over the top!
Malo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:46 PM   #10
daddyjeep

I've been a Stacy David fan since he was on Trucks back in the early days of the Power Block. If course his episodes are fill of plugs for his sponsors, that's just how it works. He is still a hell of a fabricator and builds some crazy stuff. I have learned a lot from him and a bunch of other guys on the TV shows through the years. I wouldn't be able to do a lot of the stuff that I am doing now without them. I really like Ian from Extreme 4x4 too. He does a lot of welding tech stuff using his Esab welders.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=786514
daddyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:02 PM   #11
riz

They all do it..... the shows aren't there without the sponsors. We need to be happy the shows are there in the first place. The only show I can think of that does the majority of the show actually working on cars is Wheeler Dealers BUT you have to deal with the dickweed that does the buying and selling of the cars.......Ed does all the work for very little profit in the end..... not worth his time and effort really. I'd love to see a couple shows that spend the majority of time actually working on the stuff but if they did that, they wouldn't be on long either...... it's part of the game.... advertising dollars

RIZ
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:51 PM   #12
87 STEPPER
STILL PLAYS WITH TRUX

Exclamation Re: Stacy David's Gearz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69heavychevy View Post
I Also got really annoyed with the constant slamming and throwing of things by the shows host.
I thought I was the only one that was bothered by that!

I like him n the show but I've seen him chuck $hit across the shop and it bounced off the floor and come very close to a car he had in his shop that wasn't even his.

That to me is not very smart or professional!

MY 87 STEPPER

MY 99 2D/WD TAHOE
87 STEPPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:30 PM   #13
Jake Wade

I will tell you a show that has really went down hill, Gas Monkey Garage, It has turned into the Richard Rawlings show.
Jake Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:50 PM   #14
S10Fan
Old Heap Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Wade View Post
I will tell you a show that has really went down hill, Gas Monkey Garage, It has turned into the Richard Rawlings show.
I'd rather watch the "Soap" network than anything with Rawlings on the screen

'99 Silverado 1500, 4.3, 5-speed, reg cab, short bed
'50 Chevy 2DR Hard Top, 350/350, M2 Front End, 3:08 gear, cruiser.
'40 F**d Sedan, all Chevy power, Heidt's front end, TCI rear, nice driver.
S10Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:50 PM   #15
S10Fan
Old Heap Driver

Quote:
.....also got really annoyed with the constant slamming and throwing of things by the shows host.
x2

'99 Silverado 1500, 4.3, 5-speed, reg cab, short bed
'50 Chevy 2DR Hard Top, 350/350, M2 Front End, 3:08 gear, cruiser.
'40 F**d Sedan, all Chevy power, Heidt's front end, TCI rear, nice driver.
S10Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:33 PM   #16
LBJ

Most of those TV car shows have become info-mercials. Gearz is good but they keep doing reruns. Very few new shows to suit me. The guy I like is Ian Roussell on Full Custom Garage. Wow, he can do anything with sheet metal. Truly an artist. Misfit Garage is getting to be slapstick and I don't see it back on for another season. Fast and Loud has gone haywire as well. One of my favorites is Wheeler Dealers. They show exactly what the car needs and how they fix it. Good show ole chaps. There's a few other shows that are worth watching as well, but cannot think of the names. The guy in SC who was a military guy and does an amazing number of cars is good (Fantom Works) and the guys in Canada at "The Guild" is another good one. Peter Clute in Dreamcar Garage is good as well and he knows his high dollar/high performance cars. Rusted Development was good but not sure if it will come back for another season. Sam Memellow's new show is almost an entire new product commercial. Ha. Still, these car shows are better than most anything else on the boob tube.
LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:09 AM   #17
andrewmp6

I miss the show muscle car when lou was on it,He showed you could build anything with basic tools and a real world budget.Most of the shows on tv now all use high dollar tools or spent 50k to build a rock crawler.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 06:30 AM   #18
lgvl

I used to watch Gearz but his odd non linear way of working through projects threw me off, as well as his odd attitude. I have found a great show on MavTV called Full Custom Garage with Ian Roussel. The show is about the art and home grown ingenuity behind car building and how to do the work properly without $1000s of dollars of special equipment. He seems like a genuinely down to earth nice guy too. And the best part is my wife likes to watch it and growns every time i turn on Powerblock TV.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:43 AM   #19
grancuda

That show is ok but it gets real old with all the advertising & pushing all the high dollar aftermarket stuff that is really not needed.
grancuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:12 AM   #20
RandyP
Getting Old; Going Broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
Most of those TV car shows have become info-mercials. Gearz is good but they keep doing reruns. Very few new shows to suit me. The guy I like is Ian Roussell on Full Custom Garage. Wow, he can do anything with sheet metal. Truly an artist. Misfit Garage is getting to be slapstick and I don't see it back on for another season. Fast and Loud has gone haywire as well. One of my favorites is Wheeler Dealers. They show exactly what the car needs and how they fix it. Good show ole chaps. There's a few other shows that are worth watching as well, but cannot think of the names. The guy in SC who was a military guy and does an amazing number of cars is good (Fantom Works) and the guys in Canada at "The Guild" is another good one. Peter Clute in Dreamcar Garage is good as well and he knows his high dollar/high performance cars. Rusted Development was good but not sure if it will come back for another season. Sam Memellow's new show is almost an entire new product commercial. Ha. Still, these car shows are better than most anything else on the boob tube.
I can't get over Edd's last name being China, "made by China" LOL. But really, Wheeler Dealers is my favorite show at the current time. Fantom Works rocks because Dan is a no nonsense sort of guy who tells you like it is, plus I love he is one of the few who will tell price at the end. You have to catch a few different episodes, but he always tells hours charged and one time I heard him say it was $75 an hour (bargain). Restoration Garage is enjoyable simply because of all their journeymen in the shop. Few shops have journeymen, they have simple technicians instead. I'm also starting to like Bit chin' Rides, Dave is a true American artist and I hope the fame does not turn him stupid like it did Jesse James and Chip Foose.

All get bumped if Big Bang Theory is on though

Really, we have a sensor on the B word. Wow.
When the going gets tough, switch to power tools.
RandyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:15 AM   #21
74CustomK20

One I've grown to like is Fat & Furious. They all seen really cool without doing million dollar builds.
79 C70 366 Project Dump.
74CustomK20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:35 AM   #22
Gregski
Post Whore

I find him hard to watch, he is a skilled individual but comes off as a bit full of himself.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:11 AM   #23
Rickysnickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
I find him hard to watch, he is a skilled individual but comes off as a bit full of himself.
If you are referring to Stacey David, that's just his TV persona. I've met him and actually had time to talk to him. He's a very nice guy. The fact that he cold have blown me off, but didn't to me says a lot about a person's character.
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:18 AM   #24
Firebirdjones

Quote:
Also got really annoyed with the constant slamming and throwing of things by the shows host.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87 STEPPER View Post
I thought I was the only one that was bothered by that!

I like him n the show but I've seen him chuck $hit across the shop and it bounced off the floor and come very close to a car he had in his shop that wasn't even his.

That to me is not very smart or professional!
You guys aren't the only ones, first time he chucked something across the shop I thought that was pretty dumb. Don't really like his attitude anyway. Frankly I don't watch any of these shows anymore. They turn into stupid drama crap arguing among one another, or it's about "how weird can I make myself look" with funky hair cuts and tattoos and piercings everywhere.

I pretty much don't watch TV anymore, nothing interesting on since All In the Family went off the air, lol. Besides, I just don't have time for it anyway. I'm lucky if I can sit down 2 hours a week and watch something. I'm doing my own thing building cars here so when I need to step away I really don't care to watch a TV show about it too.
Firebirdjones is offline   Reply With Quote