The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-09-2016, 12:08 PM   #1
Rich69shortfleet

Long overdue project truck, 69 shortbox fleetside

I've had my truck for nearly two decades now and while I have restored the drivetrain completely I've yet to make it pretty. I've got all the parts I need to do the body restoration, which will include converting to a wooden bed with quartersawn white oak, I just haven't had the energy lately to get into it. Finishing up two prior projects that were, let's say, a little difficult, kind of sucked the wind out of my sails.

Anyway, it is a fairly solid 1969 shortbox fleetside base model truck. The original 307 was replaced with a very mild 400 small block set up for torque and towing, the TH350 was rebuilt and '71 disc brakes and large rear drums were added. It was lowered about 4 inches and I've added a posi rear end and converted to 5 bolt lugs. I have installed stock 3/4 ton rear half-leaf helper springs which I remove or reinstall as needed for hauling or towing. A hidden receiver hitch hidden behind the license plate helps with towing. I have also added a Pace-Edwards retractable tonneau cover and cowl induction hood. When I paint it (finally) I will probably debadge it completely. I've also added a '71 gauge cluster with factory wiring and an aftermarket air conditioning set up. The AC is nice, but I don't like the huge unit hanging under the dash so when I do the resto I'll probably convert it to a stock style behind the dash system.

The website is a little out of date, but can give you an idea of where I started and some of the earlier progress I've made. It is getting a new aluminum radiator today since that 400 likes to run hot and the copper/brass unit I've got doesn't always seem to be up to the task.

http://www.macswebs.com/richl79/69c10/index.html

When I do paint it I will go with a solid version of the original maroon, but I will not be painting the top of the cab white like it was originally.

Last edited by Rich69shortfleet; 05-09-2016 at 12:32 PM.
Rich69shortfleet is offline   Reply With Quote