The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-11-2016, 09:20 PM   #1
BROWN 70

brake line damage from speedo cable

hi guys, have any of you had your speedo cable wear on your rear brake line to the point it wears a hole in it. I think this would only apply to 67-72 with power brakes. mine is a 70 gmc and I,ve owned it 34 years. just wondered if anyone else has seen this. the area effected is right where the rear brake line passes next to the speedo cable. there is a rubber hose there to protect the brake line but, 46 year old rubber? lol I guess the warrenty is up. thanks ,brown 70,
BROWN 70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:51 PM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: brake line damage from speedo cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWN 70 View Post
hi guys, have any of you had your speedo cable wear on your rear brake line to the point it wears a hole in it. I think this would only apply to 67-72 with power brakes. mine is a 70 gmc and I,ve owned it 34 years. just wondered if anyone else has seen this. the area effected is right where the rear brake line passes next to the speedo cable. there is a rubber hose there to protect the brake line but, 46 year old rubber? lol I guess the warrenty is up. thanks ,brown 70,

I haven't had any problems with it myself but I have replaced the rubber sleeve on a couple of trucks. You might check with your local Chevy dealer maybe they would make an exception on the warranty....

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote