The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-16-2016, 09:24 PM   #1
Aruba1

Which bezel to buy...

Guys, I am installing a Intellitronix digital gauges (with the GPS option)on my LSX truck but I need to purchase a different bezel that includes the 4 additional gauge provisions at the bottom.

Which bezels or sellers should I avoid or which ones should I consider? I found a new bezel (black and chrome) on ebay for $47. Is that a good deal?

Please let me know asap as I would like to place the order tonight so I can get it before the weekend.

Thanks
Aruba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:54 PM   #2
poway

Re: Which bezel to buy...

If you are going from a three gauge to a seven gauge cluster you will have to change the pin arrangement on the cluster connector. You will also have to add the two wires (both black) that connect to the battery gauge. One runs from the fuseable link located on the fender next to the battery and the other one runs from the red wire from the voltage regulator. The both require 4 amp inline fuse holders. Both wires run to the bulkhead connector on the firewall. You’ll have to get the Packard Series 56 connectors to plug into the bulkhead connector. Napa stocks them. There are wiring diagrams on this site to show you how to properly connect them and change the arrangement of the gauge cluster connector. $47.00 is not a bad price. You might also want to change the lens for the cluster to make it look new. I get my parts from the Truck Shop in Orange, CA.
Wiring diagram:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=185856

Good Luck!
poway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:13 PM   #3
Aruba1

Hey Poway, the setup I am using is fully digital. I will need to install their special oil pressure sender and water temp sensor and run the wires to the dash. The tach wire comes from the LSX harness. The voltage, fuel, turn signals and high beam comes from the stock wiring. The speedometer will be GPS. Here is the kit that I purchased... http://www.ebay.com/itm/67-72-Chevy-...058787?vxp=mtr

I went ahead and order the ebay bezel. It's only one state from me so hopefully I can install the new system and post some pictures. THanks for your help.
Aruba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 12:30 AM   #4
sawyerrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by poway View Post
If you are going from a three gauge to a seven gauge cluster you will have to change the pin arrangement on the cluster connector. You will also have to add the two wires (both black) that connect to the battery gauge. . . . .
So that would be the situation if you wanted to "clean up" as dash such as in this picture?

In other words, the owner simply added gauges/tach to avoid the expense of replacing the entire cluster. To do that now, would involved all the steps you mentioned.
Attached Images

sawyerrm is offline   Reply With Quote