The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-23-2016, 10:49 AM   #1
newbe70

The good ,the bad and the ugly

First post..Long story short... I picked up a beaten but nice, rusty but not too bad 1970 K5. I liked the car because it had a bunch of non-original parts.. A 307, disc brakes, edelbrock carb...etc. Thought it would be a fun family project and started with the engine and transmission and bought a lQ9 from an 04 escalade and matting that to a 4l65 tranny engine has a little over 150k on it.... Goal is for it to be a usable truck to carry some stand up paddle boards and use for costco runs and beech trips. I don’t need it to be original and am not worried about the paint .. Just want to stop thr rust, make it reliable and give it a flat matte (non-glossy) cheaper paint job in Ochre my favorite color. I love the car w3anted to save it and thought I could bring it back to life. As for the 307 and th350 I would love to swap them for parts and or labor (paint,sand,rust removal and welding) ... I think someone should be able to use them and don’t want them to go to waste as the truck starts up and runs. Anyway I am using dirty dingo mounts and will give updates along the way for the beach cruiser...I know a lot of people on the forum love to make these trucks showroom and car show ready... I’m more of a rust removal. Ok paint reliable and beach ready... will post pictures shortly.. hope the ideas I mentioned are OK by some
newbe70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 01:10 PM   #2
newbe70

Re: The good ,the bad and the ugly

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-23-2016, 01:46 PM   #3
newbe70

Here's a few of the good the bad and the ugly///

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-23-2016, 02:33 PM   #4
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Nice Blazer - your approach is identical to my 70 K5. It's a little rough looking but completely dependable. Mine will have rust removal someday, but for now I just enjoy the heck out of driving it as is.
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 01:03 PM   #5
newbe70

Engine is bought and being shipped in 2 weeks ... here's a link for the testing of the engine... came out of a 2004 escalade with 157k on it... escalade was side swiped.. 4l65e is being sent with it