The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-31-2016, 10:36 PM   #1
aj6502

ad reproduction door hinges? Who has the best?

I need to replace my drivers side upper and lower door hinges. Mine are bent and not rebuildable. Who has good hinges. I have looked at most of the bigger vendors. Prices are all different. I'm not sure if more expensive is better or not. Anyone have any experience with the repro hinges?
aj6502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:04 PM   #2
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Re: ad reproduction door hinges? Who has the best?

What ever vendor you get them from expect to have to bend them to fit your truck. Rarely do they just bolt on and close properly
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:05 PM   #3
Jemezcrusher

Might look for some used ones that are rebuildable Bet someone on this site has some or sheck out the stovebolt site

Did mine yesterday. Pretty straight forward and the guy that owns "the filling station" made a youtube video to cover the job.
Jemezcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:07 PM   #4
my56chevytruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj6502 View Post
I need to replace my drivers side upper and lower door hinges. Mine are bent and not rebuildable. Who has good hinges. I have looked at most of the bigger vendors. Prices are all different. I'm not sure if more expensive is better or not. Anyone have any experience with the repro hinges?
I've purchase my replacment hinges from Classic Parts. they're good and very fast on their shipping. I was told, but don't know the truth, that all aftermarket companies get all the same parts from teh same source. I went to classic parts due to their service and cost. Maybe try typing in GOOGLE "american made door hinges, and see what you can find.
my56chevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:13 PM   #5
aj6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by my56chevytruck View Post
I've purchase my replacment hinges from Classic Parts. they're good and very fast on their shipping. I was told, but don't know the truth, that all aftermarket companies get all the same parts from teh same source. I went to classic parts due to their service and cost. Maybe try typing in GOOGLE "american made door hinges, and see what you can find.
I was thinking that they may be the same manufacturer. I will look into classic. Thanks for the replies.
aj6502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:14 AM   #6
MARTINSR

There are 1, 248,388 of those hinges out there in peoples barns and garages, heck I have five or six extras, get used ones and rebuild them.

Here is a "Basics of Basics" to rebuilding hinges. http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/basi...es-125350.html

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote