The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-02-2003, 12:57 PM   #1
2wdBlazer
The Blazer King

Angry Stupid Cop!!!

Non truck related but i had to vent.

My wife was driving her 200sx and Gets pulled over. Cop says she ran a red light! My wife is (believe it or not) an excellent driver. She says she was past the point of no return on a yellow to safely stop. Once the the cop has her, She gets 3 tickets! Red light running, Tint was too dark, & she could not find her current Insurance card (she had the old one). On top of that the cop was being rude and threatened her with an illeagal exhaust ticket. (she has a magnaflow muffler on the stock 1 3/4 inch pipe) She just called me crying all stressed out. $250 later I am pretty mad about the whole situation.
Old 10-02-2003, 01:32 PM   #2
1970 CST Short Wide
Senior Moment

What is it with some cops, when they have a bad day, we all have a bad day
2019 GMC Diesil Dually. Youngest Son
2017 Toyota SUV Daughters car
2018 Traverse , Wife’s Ride
Pittsburg Ca
1970 CST Short Wide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 01:42 PM   #3
busterwivell

Here in Tucson, the Police have discovered a big source of revenue. They are issuing tickets like crazy. I've heard that they are ordering a normal 6 month supply of tickets every 6 weeks. Everywhere I look, they are hidding on a motorcycle or are squadcar hidden in bushes, just waiting to pounce. But, they have announced they will no longer respond to alarms! The bad guys win again!
66 Chevrolet Malibu 2 dr 4 speed
71 Chevrolet C30 Longhorn
86 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS (Sold)
01 Chevrolet Tahoe
IM - BUSTERWIVE@aol.com
busterwivell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 01:55 PM   #4
Custom 68

Quote:
Originally posted by busterwivell
But, they have announced they will no longer respond to alarms! The bad guys win again!
Oh come on now what do you mean. I bet they didnt publish that they wont go to any alarms.
Now I will agree there is no need to be rude and some of the tickets are just plain wrong.
Dave
"A good friend will bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "that was frekin awesome".
"If it doesn't fit force it...If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway!"
Custom 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 02:46 PM   #5
busterwivell

As a matter of fact, The Chief of Police announced it at a news conference, and it was on the news and in the paper.
66 Chevrolet Malibu 2 dr 4 speed
71 Chevrolet C30 Longhorn
86 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS (Sold)
01 Chevrolet Tahoe
IM - BUSTERWIVE@aol.com
busterwivell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 03:08 PM   #6
sniper2321

2wdblazer send me a pm with copies of the tickets as i'am a P.I. and work with the Law!!!!!! and can see what i can do for you and you wife.
sniper2321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 03:28 PM   #7
2wdBlazer
The Blazer King

I will scan them in tonight. My main concern is the Red light as the other 2 can be fixed pretty easily.
Old 10-02-2003, 03:34 PM   #8
dtlilly
Account Suspended

2wdBlazer, if you go to court and show proof that your tint conforms to state regs, bring them your updated insurance coverage and letter from agent that you were covered, they will through out those tickets.

Running the yellow is very subjective. If the judge believes your wife that she felt it would not be safe to slam on the breaks (ie car behind you.), the judge will more than likely through that ticket out too. That's if sniper can't get the whole thing lost from the system
dtlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 04:09 PM   #9
oldsub86

We have the red light cameras here now so you not only get a ticket for running the light but usually for speeding too and you don't get it for about 2 weeks after the event. No points but a money maker for the City.
Old 10-02-2003, 04:24 PM   #10
miket

1) You may want to be careful about calling someone stupid. You never know who's reading this post...

2) Check what the law in your state says about entering the intersection on a yellow (which is what you say she did). If she entered on a yellow then you should contest it.

3) The proof of insurance thing is easy to fix. Check to make sure your tint isn't illegal.

I agree some law enforcement personnel can be over-zealous at times but just remember that they are doing their job and they see things you and I don't. They never know if the car they just stopped (with dark tinted windows) will house someone who shoots em through the glass.

I have had my fair share of tickets and I work with all of the law enforcement agency's too....most of the time if you treat the officer/deputy the way you would want to be treated, everything turns out okay...

BTW...I had got three tickets in a single stop too...15 over, no seat belt...couldn't find my insurance card....but what really upset him is that I was on the phone and didn't see him (he was on a bike) for a good five minutes while we sat at a stoplight....he bleeped his siren to get my attention.

Evergreen Protective Coatings
Gatorhyde...the best kept secret in spray in bed lining & protection
miket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 04:48 PM   #11
rcorkren
Account Suspended

Be aware if you didn't know.... Texas State just passed a law that no part of the top portion "TEXAS" and bottom portion "The Lone Star State" of the License plate can be covered. It will be a ticketed offense.

good luck.
rcorkren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 05:47 PM   #12
jcueckert13

i have only got one ticket and it was deserved. last january i am driving to school and am doing about 120 and i came up over a hill and theres a cop. thankfuly i saw him before he clocked me and had time to slow down but he clocked me at 91mph in a 75. that was one of my worst days but also to my advantage i know the judge and ended up paying the ticket and attended a defencive driving class that kept the ticket off my record. the day after i got my ticket one of my friends ended up with 5 tickets and 2 warnings witch cheered me up
1970 C10 longbed stepside (in pieces)
1976 Dodge Dart
1963 Dodge Dart

jcueckert13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 05:54 PM   #13
67Fleetsidedream
Wiseass secured himself a BAN

Quote:
Be aware if you didn't know.... Texas State just passed a law that no part of the top portion "TEXAS" and bottom portion "The Lone Star State" of the License plate can be covered. It will be a ticketed offense.
You have a full 90 days after the law was stated to correct the problem.

I just pay the tickets that I get. I am from a small town, so finding a cheap defense lawyer is hard to do. I also pay the extra to get deferred judification. Not sure if your state has it or not.

Last edited by 67Fleetsidedream; 10-02-2003 at 05:57 PM.
67Fleetsidedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 09:28 PM   #14
Spoof

Way I figure it the laws the law. Like it or not if I screwed up, I take my medicine.
I never argue and usually they will ticket you for the one offense, make a stink about them doing their job poorly and suddenly their pretty unfogiving about not having your license, seat belt-off, window tint etc.
In 24 years of driving haven't met a bad cop, but then I've only had 3 tickets and live in Canada. Might be different.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:44 PM   #15
truckster

A friend of mine is a Utah Highway Patrol trooper. A couple of years ago, he made a stop on a SUV because it had dark tint and was driving erratically. As he approached the car, the driver started shooting at him through the closed window. My friend survived and the driver didn't (the other officer got him) but he has a couple of ugly scars to remind him of that day. That's why cops don't like dark window tint.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:46 PM   #16
Truckhead

Here in my town the cops just flat out suck ass, and i've grown to a point of not having any repect for law enforcement and have grown soooo tired of their God complex. What i figure is, what goes around comes around.
Truckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 11:21 PM   #17
67sss

Law Enforcement

I go to work every morning at 2am. Bet you can't guess what time the bars close around here? During the month of July this past year I got pulled over 8 times with no tickets. Some of things I got pulled over for where...no rear plate light, no drivers side mirror, going 27mph in a 25, even had 1 guy follow me to work and after I got out of my truck at work he asks " Where ya goin this morning? oh well no tickets so far...
67sss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 12:08 AM   #18
truckster

Truckhead, "What goes around comes around." Are you talking about a police officer being shot?

I didn't mention earlier that the guy who was driving the SUV was a suspect in a child rape case who was on his way to kill the victim he was accused of raping.

You might not like cops, and I'll be the first to say they're far from perfect (I've had my run-ins), but they do put their life on the line every day to protect others.
Old 10-03-2003, 03:24 AM   #19
Jemost 72
Southern Bowties

Not related to a 67-72 truck, but

wouldnt this topic be more appropriate in general discussion area?

Last edited by Jemost 72; 10-03-2003 at 12:47 PM.
Jemost 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 03:30 AM   #20
Narkoleptik
69 GMC LWB FLEET

I didn't hear about the tucson alarms thing, but then again, i haven't been paying attention to the paper or the news here in town. Normally, i just try to go the speed limit in my truck so i don't get a ticket... i've had to many and i don't need any more.

Watch out while driving on Alvernon between Irvington and Ajo, they like to hide on the side roads.

They had a automatic speedlimit radar up a while back that would flash blue and red lights to scare people who were speeding... I loved playing with that damn thing... I'd get everyone around me to brake when I'd pass that thing.
Old 10-03-2003, 09:09 AM   #21
2wdBlazer
The Blazer King

Quote:
Originally posted by miket
1) You may want to be careful about calling someone stupid. You never know who's reading this post...

They never know if the car they just stopped (with dark tinted windows) will house someone who shoots em through the glass.

1. I wouldn't care if that cop was reading. I do not have ill feeling against all police officers, just ones who obviously are on a power trip and take it out on my wife.

The tint may have been illeagal but I purchased the car that way. That can be easily fixed though. She actually had the windows down and he just decides to start walking around the car looking for problems.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:24 AM   #22
67chevemall

Government pigeons go home
Get a real job!
nice badge you must be elite!
nice gun shot anyone lately!
:devil

:banghead
67chevemall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 01:03 PM   #23
cdowns

HEY, she fit the prfile drivin a ricer with dark windows and annoying exhaust all that was missing was a cell glued to the side of her head and a cup of latte
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 01:08 PM   #24
2wdBlazer
The Blazer King

Quote:
Originally posted by cdowns
HEY, she fit the prfile drivin a ricer with dark windows and annoying exhaust all that was missing was a cell glued to the side of her head and a cup of latte
Nothing wrong with my Rice-mobile. 30mpg and 14.9 in the 1/4 mile.
Old 10-03-2003, 01:15 PM   #25
COBALT

Quote:
Originally posted by 67chevemall
Government pigeons go home
Get a real job!
nice badge you must be elite!
nice gun shot anyone lately!
:devil

:banghead
What?

Look, I've been in a shake down twice on mistaken identity by the King County Sherrifs department. It sucked, and at the time I strongly felt I was being harassed, but later I realized that Police Officers have to put up with a lot of garbage (especially the sherrif's department and state patrols), and lots of times you find yourself either in the wrong place at the wrong time, or you were breaking the law and didn't know it.

Once I even was pulled over for speeding when I wasn't speeding!!! I was borrowing my dad's slow little Ford Tempo, and was driving it like a grandfather anyway. Not only that, but I ended up getting a ticket because my knuckle-headed dad forgot to put his insurance card in his car!

Now I was mad, but look at it from the cop's point of view. He was in a district were speeding is an epidemic. I was in a pack of cars, and I was young looking. He gambled, and ended up looking like a fool. He made up for it by dinging me for the missing insurance...

Just think of all the time you didn't get pulled over and probably should have because you were speeding, or messing around, or driving wreckless...
Seattle, WA.

Last edited by COBALT; 10-03-2003 at 01:21 PM.
COBALT is offline   Reply With Quote