The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-07-2016, 06:46 PM   #1
hugger6933

Stepside fener hangers

Have come to me!! This all started back some time ago, when someone came on here saying they needed some fender hangers and asked if the were reproduced. Tim came on[you know he is "in the industry"] and said in that post if someone had any to copy he would check into having some made. Well I replied that I had a step bed out back behind my shop and he was welcome to them if he wanted them. After a few back and forths my hangers were on their way to Tim. Fast forward some time and I get a preproduction set to try and the are FABU!!!!
I have owned a body shop for a while [almost 30 years] and these are some of if not the nicest looking parts I have run across.
So if you have a project and it needs step hangers to hold up the front steps, help in the form of new hangers is on the way. Jim
P.S. if you want to do the worthless thing without pics well dont cause My wife is out of town and she is the one to help me put up the pics.
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:47 PM   #2
hugger6933

Re: Stepside fener hangers

Send me a PM if you have to and I'll text you what few pics I have, keep in mind my bed is torn down but I do have a few
Old 07-07-2016, 07:47 PM   #3
swamp rat

Just a thought, you should also post a link where a person can buy them.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:26 PM   #4
hugger6933

These pieces are still preproduction items they sent them to me to check out the fit. They were awaiting my input [it seems] to see how they fit I guess since the hangers came from me they wanted to see how they fit where the OE ones were. Any of that is purely guessing on my side but they will be available anyplace you would buy KEY parts.
Other than offering my hangers to be copied, I have no dog in this fight other than offering those parts to be copied so that we could father advance our hobby.