The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-04-2003, 11:53 PM   #1
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

71 Suburban BB loaded-for sale

There have been so many requests for more pics & info on the Sub, so I am starting a new thread just for it. 71 GMC Sub 3/4T solid, straight and loaded with new & special equipment. This has been my personal truck for years, so it has the "good stuff" in it! Tach, tilt, posi.
454, .030 engine with all of the original (68-72) high dollar short WP PS, pulleys, etc., Edelbrock intake, Crane cam, perf HEI & wires, stainless exh mans and new 2.5" dual exhaust, alum valve covers & air cleaner, TH-400, PS, PB, WS, foctory tinted glass. NEW: 4-row radiator, gas tank, bumpers, ralley wheels & 16" tires, interior started: seats & dashpad covered, late model flip up middle seat, carpet & door panel covers new in the boxes.
Body is excellent, almost rust free ( a couple pin holes in one quarter), front doors are premium (no mirror holes, or speaker holes, new mechanisms, wing rubbers, and late model mirrors installed in the wings), barn doors with no rust, firewall painted with engine out, AC install started. I have forgotten a lot, but that is enough! $4,500. The engine runs great & strong, but it is starting to smoke (valve seals, intake leak? I don't have time to find out). Sooooooo. I'll take a little off for the smoke. Offers?
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2003, 11:56 PM   #2
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

Replaced the TL area where I ran into my own truck, with another of my own trucks, in my own yard!:p :p :p No rust. New TLs & BUs.
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2003, 11:58 PM   #3
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

Right rear, ralleys, factory tint, etc
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2003, 11:59 PM   #4
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

Left rear, new bumper and exhaust.
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2003, 12:03 AM   #5
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

Amazing doors: no rust bottoms, inside & out. Same for rockers, kick panels, floors, etc. Third door has some pin holes inside bottom only. I POR's it inside years ago and it is sealed & stopped. Outside skin is perfect.
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2003, 12:07 AM   #6
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

The rear barn doors and inside threshold are rock solid. A little surface rust on bottoms was POR'd years ago and they are like new. There is a neat aux tank that goes in the spare tire well---hand make to fit. Not in the pics. It is out to be cleaned & sealed.
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2003, 12:10 AM   #7
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

...and finally that trick late model middle seat built in & upholstered...flips down for easy entrance to the rear area or to carry more load quickly. That's it. No more! Email not PM. PMs always full and I delete everything in PMs.
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2003, 12:23 AM   #8
Phillip Johnson
Account Suspended

Frank, I just made my wife look at the pictures and she smacked me! Im still working on her. I have a 72 1/2 ton 4x4 Burb still in Calif that my nephew's wife drives. I sold it to hime but I never seemed to get paid...Hmmmm what is wrong with that picture. I will have to post a picture of it sometime. I built it from the ground up and I must say its nice. I built it for my wife and she drove it 1 month before she made me buy her a NEW one.. I really like your 71.. Im working on her. It may take some time as I have a Blazer and 3 trucks as of now and nothing really ready to sell yet. Im bummed!
Phillip Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote