The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-12-2016, 11:34 PM   #1
AustinBelair

Sidelined by a dang headlight bracket!

I am about to push this truck off of a cliff. It was supposed to be a quick "rebuild some stuff and drive it" and it has turned into a damn near quick restoration at this point.

This isn't the cancer build for my Mother. This is another 66 that my father and I just picked up to make a daily driver.

I k now the truck was hit on the drivers side a long time ago. I pulled the grille out and took it apart to build an aluminum grille shell that I bought (Because the stock grille was jacked up) and I realized the headlight bracket was a little kinked. I didn't think anything about it.

I blasted, painted and bought all brand new hardware to install these fancy headlights I bought. I'm out in the garage tonight trying to put it all back together and it ain't working. I realized the taco'd headlight bracket won't let the headlight bucket sit down inside the hole correctly and making it pitch at a horrible angle.

I looked up some repro brackets and those damn things are $60! Needless to say, I will not be driving this truck at night since I don't have headlights haha.

This bracket

Last edited by AustinBelair; 08-12-2016 at 11:44 PM.
AustinBelair is offline   Reply With Quote