The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-15-2016, 02:43 AM   #1
WOLFMANmike

Have Any Of You Lowered Truck by Springs Only Ever Used The CPP Black Magic Shocks ?

hey guys i was looking for your thoughts and or Reviews on The CPP Black Magic Shocks ... the PO cut or put in Lowering springs so soon ill be taking measurements to get the proper shock length and i had PG Signs tell me to either call CPP or Belltech for the shocks ... so on our trucks with cut or lowered springs what do you guys think about those 2 for shocks or what do you recommend that you guys are running ? i will say im not made of money so spending like almost 200 per shock is a no go if that helps .. now i know this is a suspension question but im hopping that since im wanting like reviews of the shocks for our trucks lowered this way that im posting it in the right place this time ... thanks guys and Happy Truckin
WOLFMANmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:53 AM   #2
Mathew21

Re: Have Any Of You Lowered Truck by Springs Only Ever Used The CPP Black Magic Shock

Sorry I do not have any information on those shocks but I was on a budget when I did mine here's what I used.

My truck is lowered and I'm very happy with the ride quality. I have monroe monro-matic shocks on my truck. I have 2" lowering springs with 2.5" drop spindles in the front. I used monroe monro-matic #33033. I originally had the 32207 on thefront also but I ended up ordering a shock with 2" more travel.

I have 4" lowering springs in the rear I also run monroe monro-matic #32207. I have a shock relocation kit installed.

Here's a post where I fist leaned of the Monroe Shocks http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=508183

Here's a Monroe's shock length chart http://www.monroe.com/downloads/inst...ifications.pdf

Last edited by Mathew21; 05-14-2017 at 02:49 PM.
Mathew21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 03:23 AM   #3
WOLFMANmike

Re: Have Any Of You Lowered Truck by Springs Only Ever Used The CPP Black Magic Shock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew21 View Post
Sorry I do not have any information on those shocks but I was on a budget when I did mine here's what I used.

My truck is lowered and I'm very happy with the ride quality. I have monroe monro-matic shocks on my truck. I have 2" lowering springs with 2.5" drop spindles in the front. I used monroe monro-matic #32207.

I have 4" lowering springs in the rear I also run monroe monro-matic. I have a shock relocation kit installed. I originally had the 32207 on the rear also but I ended up ordering a shock with 2" more travel. But I can't remember which part number I ordered. I have the information somewhere when I find it I will update this post.

Here's a post where I fist leaned of the Monroe Shocks http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=508183

Here's a Monroe's shock length chart http://www.monroe.com/downloads/inst...ifications.pdf
yes but because you lowered your truck with drop spindles correct me if im wrong but you get to use stock length shocks ? where as my spindles are stock but the springs are whats lowering the truck i have to be more specific about length and travel ? so that why im trying to find out what the CPP shocks are like or what others who lowered their truck without drop spindles are using .... i thank you for taking the time to try to help me brother but i think that i couldn't use your shock suggestion because you have the spindles and i dont unless im wrong and im not a person thats never wrong so it could be
Old 08-16-2016, 09:16 AM   #4
Mathew21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFMANmike View Post
yes but because you lowered your truck with drop spindles correct me if im wrong but you get to use stock length shocks ? where as my spindles are stock but the springs are whats lowering the truck i have to be more specific about length and travel ? so that why im trying to find out what the CPP shocks are like or what others who lowered their truck without drop spindles are using .... i thank you for taking the time to try to help me brother but i think that i couldn't use your shock suggestion because you have the spindles and i dont unless im wrong and im not a person thats never wrong so it could be
Your right that because of my drop spindles I didn't use 4" lowering shocks up front I used 2" lowering shocks to match my 2" lowering springs. But if you can figure out how much your truck is lowered you can use the chart I posted to find a set of shocks.
Good luck in whichever way you decide to go.
Old 08-16-2016, 01:14 PM   #5
WOLFMANmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew21 View Post
Your right that because of my drop spindles I didn't use 4" lowering shocks up front I used 2" lowering shocks to match my 2" lowering springs. But if you can figure out how much your truck is lowered you can use the chart I posted to find a set of shocks.
Good luck in whichever way you decide to go.
Ahhhh got ya ok thanks for that brother