The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-15-2016, 04:50 PM   #1
budman k20
1972 K20

New buddy buckets but wrong color

So I scored a good deal on a complete buddy seat for my 67 project this Saturday. But I'm wondering if they sell new covers in my original greenish blue color. Does anyone know the proper name for my original seat and if they sell new buddy seat covers and door panels in my original color?
Attached Images

budman k20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:08 PM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: New buddy buckets but wrong color

Aqua, I believe they do make that color in '67 pattern. Where have you checked?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:49 PM   #3
budman k20
1972 K20

I'm debaiting (with myself!) if I should keep the truck original colors or choose a color that works with the new seat color I just purchased. I guess I'm weighting my options right now more than shopping. I'm new to 67's so I'm not sure what's out there for door and seat covers. For example if my original door panels are not reproduced in the color I have I may want to save what I have for the rareness if that makes any sense!
Old 08-15-2016, 06:43 PM   #4
Dirt's72

I can't answer your questions but thought I'd show you some buddies I picked up that came out of a wrecked 67 cst that appear to be the color that you are looking for.

Yours appear to be turquoise which is the original color of my truck. I wish you were close I'd offer a trade up for yours. Let me know if you take your covers off.
Dirt's72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 09:08 PM   #5
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
I would have a hard time tearing those seats apart....

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 09:57 PM   #6
Jeff's bowtie's

Here's a pic of my seats I just had done in dark metallic green these are PUI covers ordered from summit racing
Attached Images

Jeff's bowtie's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 06:48 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Those came out nice, Jeff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by budman k20 View Post
I'm debaiting (with myself!) if I should keep the truck original colors or choose a color that works with the new seat color I just purchased. I guess I'm weighting my options right now more than shopping. I'm new to 67's so I'm not sure what's out there for door and seat covers. For example if my original door panels are not reproduced in the color I have I may want to save what I have for the rareness if that makes any sense!
Been there done that! I had all the bright red stuff gathered for my '67 project. Only thing left to do was upholstery on buddy buckets and door panels once the project got closer to finishing touches. The seat and door panels I have (had seat) were good enough to use through the shake down. Then I got a fantastic deal on a completed black buddy bucket seat done just the way I wanted to do mine in red, which is roll & pleat with a more bolstered outer. The back foam is even contoured for shoulders to sink in. I sat in these and melted into them. Ok, what the heck, black ain't so bad so why not just switch the plan? I was dead set on red and only bought the seats because it was a no brainer price, couldn't go wrong. Now I can paint the truck any color under the sun and check the seat of the list as ready to go. I never change color on my trucks, but this one would be a patchwork quilt if I stayed with original color(s). I'm doing these last two (possibly) just how I like and to make a good looking combo together

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 08-16-2016 at 07:01 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 04:12 PM   #8
budman k20
1972 K20

Quote:
Been there done that! I had all the bright red stuff gathered for my '67 project. Only thing left to do was upholstery on buddy buckets and door panels once the project got closer to finishing touches. The seat and door panels I have (had seat) were good enough to use through the shake down. Then I got a fantastic deal on a completed black buddy bucket seat done just the way I wanted to do mine in red, which is roll & pleat with a more bolstered outer. The back foam is even contoured for shoulders to sink in. I sat in these and melted into them. Ok, what the heck, black ain't so bad so why not just switch the plan? I was dead set on red and only bought the seats because it was a no brainer price, couldn't go wrong. Now I can paint the truck any color under the sun and check the seat of the list as ready to go. I never change color on my trucks, but this one would be a patchwork quilt if I stayed with original color(s). I'm doing these last two (possibly) just how I like and to make a good looking combo together
Darn old trucks always complicating our lives! Why do we do this to ourselves???
It sounds like I can get seat covers in my original color or I could start a new thread looking for color suggestions that work with my current seat? So it begins...do you think the bright blue seat color goes with Fathom Blue on the Firebird in the foreground? Not the best pic...but its all I had on my work PC!
Attached Images