The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-15-2016, 10:22 PM   #1
1964GMC

Pre bent Stainless stell brake lines

In the market for a stainless steel brake line kit. As I live on the Gulf Coast and plastic rusts down here, I figure stainless is the way to go.

I'm running a '84 Suburban front crossmember (HD Brake rotors) and the '84 rear diff (drum brakes) as well. Looking for a pre-bent kit, complete with hoses.

Any suggestions? Or do I just need to by a hydraulic flare tool and straight lengths of tube.
1964GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 11:47 PM   #2
Rolland

Re: Pre bent Stainless stell brake lines

NiCopp (nickel-copper-steel) tubing works great, is easy to bend and flare, makes a good seal, and is rust resistant. Just made some lines for my 60 GMC.
Much easier to use than steel tubing. It's available in straight lengths or rolls. Got mine at Advance Auto Parts.
Rolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:11 AM   #3
Mathew21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolland View Post
NiCopp (nickel-copper-steel) tubing works great, is easy to bend and flare, makes a good seal, and is rust resistant. Just made some lines for my 60 GMC.
Much easier to use than steel tubing. It's available in straight lengths or rolls. Got mine at Advance Auto Parts.
I used the same thing. It was very easy to use. I bought a coil of it from Advance Auto also. If you google search advance auto discount code you can save 20-30% off of your order when you order online and pick it up in the store 30 minutes later.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:35 PM   #4
GRX

Another vote for NiCopp.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:40 PM   #5
R_W

I bought a set of SS pre-bents for my '66. It turns out I have '72 cross member / rear axle. Just different enough that I ended up with 3 sets to make 1, and had to custom bend the lines from the M/C down anyway...I'll give the company I bought them from credit, they were patient and took back what I didn't need.

All that to say if you have mixed parts it is not likely you will be able to find a set that fits without a lot of work...

"Daddy, that truck's not red"
Build Thread: TN 20 Build
R_W is offline   Reply With Quote