The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-20-2016, 11:48 PM   #1
Mala Suerte

Lowest I could drop a '70 C10 LWB without baggin it

After I finish rebuilding my 12 bolt rear end. I want to upgrade the drum brakes to disc. I figure while I'm at it I'll pick up a brake booster, spindles, new brake lines etc. I want to know the lowest I could drop it without sacrificing fender to wheel clearance. Im planning on running 20" wheels. My truck has the trailing rear arms just in case that helps. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated . Thanks in advance
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Mala Suerte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 01:12 AM   #2
71swb4x4

Re: Lowest I could drop a '70 C10 LWB without baggin it

Are you talking about the rear? Fenders are up front, that's why I am asking for clarifiation. If it's the rear, the axle tubes to frame and axles housing to bed need to be taken care of long before the tires to the wheel tubs need to be worried about. And bags aren't really your concern, it's a c-notch for the rear frame and then the bed floor that you need to worry about. You can run drop blocks and 5" drop springs and be OK on your wheel tubs, but you will be bottoming out on the frame.
What I am trying to say is don't worry about bags. The issues you will run into with a static drop are the same issues you will run into with bags.
Old 08-21-2016, 10:06 PM   #3
OG1

Re: Lowest I could drop a '70 C10 LWB without baggin it

Mine is sitting at about 6"F 9" rear drop on CPP spindles/arms/coils in front and coils and 2" blocks out back. I am on 22" transits and the front could not go any lower and be drivable with inner fenders. It is good to go as it is though the tires hit the inner fenders at low speed big bumps. In the rear, the diff housing is about 2" off the bed floor. I have a c-notch but the diff will hit the bed before the axle bottoms in the notch.

This truck is surprisingly very drivable for a static drop this low.
Attached Images

OG1 is offline   Reply With Quote