The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-23-2016, 07:35 PM   #1
thorvintage

Question My passenger window is stuck up

Hey everyone I am new to the forums and I look forward to all I can learn from everyone. I am also a newbie to old trucks...anyway my window is stuck up on my passenger side and my window crank just goes round and round.

I would prefer to have my window stuck down until I fix things but cant figure out how to get it down...it seems jammed up?

Any advise would be appreciated...thanks!
thorvintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:42 PM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: My passenger window is stuck up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorvintage View Post
Hey everyone I am new to the forums and I look forward to all I can learn from everyone. I am also a newbie to old trucks...anyway my window is stuck up on my passenger side and my window crank just goes round and round.

I would prefer to have my window stuck down until I fix things but cant figure out how to get it down...it seems jammed up?

Any advise would be appreciated...thanks!

First off welcome to the board!

Remove the window crank and see if the splines on the inside of the handle are stripped. If so put a good handle on it and rap on the glass with the side of your fist while you put pressure on the handle. Sometimes this will jar it loose. If you can get it to move remove both of the handles and remove the door panel so you can lube the window rollers and tracks.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 10:40 PM   #3
thorvintage

Thanks Lockdoc for the reply! I currently have the window crank removed, the door panel off, and turned the mechanism manually and it just spins around. I have even reached into the door and tried to pull on things a bit but nothing budges. Even tried to remove the window regulator as well but it is blocked by the track a bit so I cant pull it out without taking the vent window assembly out. Wanted to ask some questions before I got in to much deeper LOL.

I was hoping to at least be able to force it down somehow even if I broke something until I decide to replace the window regulator...which maybe I will have to do sooner than later.

I guess I am just trying to figure out what is forcing it to stay up...maybe its all rusted and stiuck?
Old 08-23-2016, 10:53 PM   #4
69chevytrucker

remove the bolts on the regulator and separate the glass from it
69chevytrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 12:09 AM   #5
thorvintage

Thanks 69chevytrucker...I removed all 4 bolts that hold the regulator in place and once they were out it was still stuck in place most likely by the window track (although it was lose). It seems one arm of the window regulator is spot welded as well just above the rectangle entry opening into the inside the door.

I was hoping it I took the screws out the whole thing would just sort of fall down and the widow would lower into the door...but that didnt happen. Maybe I will just have to give up on having additional air flow in the cab for now...this is beginning to seem like more trouble than its worth LOL

However i still need to figure it all out sooner or later if I am going to ever really fix the window back to full functionality.
Old 08-24-2016, 01:12 AM   #6
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorvintage View Post
Thanks Lockdoc for the reply! I currently have the window crank removed, the door panel off, and turned the mechanism manually and it just spins around. I have even reached into the door and tried to pull on things a bit but nothing budges. Even tried to remove the window regulator as well but it is blocked by the track a bit so I cant pull it out without taking the vent window assembly out. Wanted to ask some questions before I got in to much deeper LOL.

I was hoping to at least be able to force it down somehow even if I broke something until I decide to replace the window regulator...which maybe I will have to do sooner than later.

I guess I am just trying to figure out what is forcing it to stay up...maybe its all rusted and stiuck?

Problem is you can't remove the vent window until you roll the window down and slide it back. I hope someone didn't roll it up and tack weld the arms together.....

Here is a thread where I posted the window and vent window removal info. The whole thread is a good read and there is info all through it but post #16 is how I remove mine....

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=660294

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:51 AM   #7
thorvintage

Thanks Lockdoc...I will check it it out. Thanks for the advise!
Old 08-24-2016, 11:20 PM   #8
lil hoodlum

First of all, Welcome to the forum from Texas.

Second, I really dislike stuck up windows. Sometimes they can be so rude!
lil hoodlum is offline   Reply With Quote