The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-26-2016, 12:31 PM   #1
lime1982

EAGLE ALLOY wheels and tires customer service not so great.

Has anyone dealt with eagle alloy directly? My first issue is there is no phone number. I love the 227 series wheels so I decided to order a set. They can only be reached via email or Facebook messenger. I emailed them roughly 3 weeks ago still no response to this day. Against my better judgment I downloaded the FB messenger app to give it a shot. I sent them a message stating I'd really like to speak to someone via telephone because I'd like to order wheels but I needed help with sizing. Almost instantly I got a reply. They asked what vehicle what wheels standard questions. .this all on Facebook messenger mind you,still no phone number. Well they couldn't really tell me what backspace I needed or what fit but they did give me information on a previous c10 they had sold wheels to so I bought a set. The 227 series wheels are built after order 6 to 8 week build time. I ordered on August 15th. So fast forward to yesterday. Being the impatient person I am I sent a message asking about ETA on wheels . I will include a photo of the conversation make note of the times between messages. Anyways in my opinion they are jackasses
Attached Images

lime1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 03:16 PM   #2
SCOTI

Re: EAGLE ALLOY wheels and tires customer service not so great.

If you were told (and understood) there was a 6-8 week lead time & then ordered wheels on Aug 15th, you should be seeking a status update on ETA around Sept 27 @ the earliest (6wk mark).

Since you didn't have a sales rep to speak with on the phone prior to the sale, it's kind of hard to gripe about it after you made the decision to purchase the wheels regardless. Were you really expecting an abrupt change?

Me? I never would have done business w/them when the only options to contact them are e-mail or FB only. I feel your pain though. I had wheels built for a project truck (different mfr) & was given a similar 6-8wk lead time. I checked on progress @ 6wks (they were about to be started). 7wks (they were about to be started). 8wks (again.... they were about to be started). I believe I wound up getting them about 13wks later after several additional & different contradictory explanations regarding their status. Frustrating for sure.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 08-26-2016 at 03:30 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 03:27 PM   #3
95 S_Trucker

August 15th was 11 days ago. You have 7 1/2 weeks until you should complain.
95 S_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 03:27 PM   #4
AnotherWs6

I agree that there is no way I would have purchased from them if they do not have a phone number. FB messenger app???? That's nuts.
2010 Cadillac CTS Wagon Sport - Wife's DD and the only classy car we have.
AnotherWs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 03:39 PM   #5
midnight rambler

I hope you didn't send a deposit.
midnight rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 06:56 PM   #6
lime1982

I'm not griping about the status of wheels as far as time .I was fully aware it had not been enough time. My gripe is the smart ass customer service rep that didn't reply for over 12 hours. And was kind of a dick about it . As far as deposit no I did not pay a deposit, I paid in full. My post was simply to let others know to beware.but hey thanks for the input
Old 08-26-2016, 07:38 PM   #7
71swb4x4

I think the world would be a much better place if people had more compassion and didn't get offended when they feel someone is disrespecting them.
Maybe they were being a dick. Maybe a longtime employee died and they had the funeral that day. Maybe they were just really busy. Pick the one you want, and go with it.

If I asked the question you did, 11 days after being told 6-8 weeks, I would EXPECT the exact answer that you got and no way would I take offense to it.

Written communication is challenging, we can't truly tell what is meant many times. IMO that means we need to be extra careful into how much we read into things. Life's too short to be offended over things like this.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:02 PM   #8
lime1982

Well **** thanks guys now I know I'm the jacksass
Old 08-26-2016, 10:04 PM   #9
lime1982

Company probably exploded also is why they haven't returned my email In 3 weeks who knows I'll try to be more kind and patient from now on.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:46 PM   #10
Jake Wade

You knew ahead it would be 6-8 weeks, yet you inquired about the ETA 11 days later? Their answer did not seem out of line to me. How else should they have replied?
Jake Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:18 PM   #11
mongocanfly
Post Whore

More of the same but.. if I inquired 11 days into a 42-56 day window it wouldn't have shocked me to get the same responce..
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 12:15 AM   #12
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by lime1982 View Post
I'm not griping about the status of wheels as far as time .I was fully aware it had not been enough time. My gripe is the smart ass customer service rep that didn't reply for over 12 hours. And was kind of a dick about it . As far as deposit no I did not pay a deposit, I paid in full. My post was simply to let others know to beware.but hey thanks for the input
Take a step back....

I only see where whomever e-mailed back stated their shipping timeline. YOU were kind of a smart-a** when making the comment "Wow great customer service" & then again w/the "Thanks for all the info" (I could be misinterpreting the ALL in that statement though),

Relax. No harm, no foul. You're just anxious to get what you paid for. l
Lots of guys been there/done that so you're not a 'jack-a**'.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Old 08-27-2016, 01:34 PM   #13
lime1982

Na Noone ever emailed back . I emailed the company a week before I contacted them on messenger. Never got a reply. No worries. I will use this forum from now on as I originally intended to get technical information. I will keep my opinions to myself.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:59 PM   #14
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by lime1982 View Post
Na Noone ever emailed back . I emailed the company a week before I contacted them on messenger. Never got a reply. No worries. I will use this forum from now on as I originally intended to get technical information. I will keep my opinions to myself.
If you share on the net, be prepared for honest feedback. Absolutely no ill will intended.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 08-27-2016, 02:14 PM   #15
71swb4x4

I agree with Scoti. And no ill will here either.