The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: Going to restore an old vehicle and want to
Bring it back to original 0 0%
Keep it original except for interior and add technology 0 0%
Keep the looks but add today's engine, handling, technology 1 50.00%
Make it mine on both inside and outside 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2016, 05:52 PM   #1
Kenny Kunzman

Post Hello from Granbury Texas

I purchased a 1993 Chev Pickup that was a good part restored but now have a problem. Body, frame, and interior are in great shape but I've had the frontend worked on and had issue with the AC. It froze up and blew a fuse and has been replaced but still wouldn't work unless it was hotwired to make it run and blow cold. I think that whatever lets it run when turned on (the mech that doesn't let it run when freon is low etc.) isn't working but no one can seem to find out where or what it is and the mechanic I used to fix AC doesn't have wiring diagrams that show this old of a vehicle. He could put a jumper on it to prove that the AC was working but it won't run without the jumper and he warns that with a jumper it will not recognize problems and shut down. Any one have suggestions for a very old car guy with a kinda old pickup. I'll look on here for wiring diagrams but not sure what I'm even looking for. It's been many years since I did any mechanical work and back when I did there wasn't any computers in them. It is 350 Automatic and just about everything is new except the motor.
Attached Images

Kenny Kunzman is offline   Reply With Quote