The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-07-2016, 11:40 AM   #1
NC_John

Cool CPP Front 2" Drop Springs - NEW

SOLD locally.

Brand new, zero miles CPP 2" front drop coils for 63-72 C-10. Were installed for test fit and then immediately removed. CPP PN FCS6102-2

$65 + $18.75 for USPS priority flat rate shipping.

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10

Last edited by NC_John; 09-11-2016 at 01:34 PM. Reason: determined actual shipping cost
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 01:27 PM   #2
1auctiondad

Re: CPP Front 2" Drop Springs - NEW

Would give $75 shipped
1auctiondad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:49 PM   #3
Robznob11

Dang john....if i was a betting man i would say these were on the craigslist add that i sent a text about a few days ago...i went ahead and sprung for the new ones....lol
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:34 AM   #4
NC_John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robznob11 View Post
Dang john....if i was a betting man i would say these were on the craigslist add that i sent a text about a few days ago...i went ahead and sprung for the new ones....lol
lol.....yeah, ad is still up but I have pretty much given up trying to sell them local. You think they were studebaker springs or something.

You should've given me the secret forum handshake when we were texting. I didn't want to ship to some random fellow on cl across the country but forum members are a different thing!

Did you understand what I meant about the heights when they are unloaded? These 2" cpp's sitting unloaded are the exact same height as my 3" DJM's were. I think they have to all basically keep the same height unloaded so the spring doesn't fall out of the control arms when you jack it up. They get the different loaded heights through the spring rate. The spring rate is what also gives different springs different ride characteristics. For example, a 3" cpp spring might bottom out often, but a 3" hotchkis has a much higher spring rate so it will never bottom out on the same drop (and ride a lot firmer).

Old 09-08-2016, 06:54 AM   #5
Robznob11

Wink Re: CPP Front 2" Drop Springs - NEW

Yea, I had heard that before was not sure how true it was...i knew what they are for lol
My delema is this....I currently have a set of beltech springs in front. They are advertised as 3" drop f150 springs ..they look great on the truck but judging by pics i think they are equal to a 1-2" drop spring in reality.with my body drop my front tires scrub the fender some so i installed a 1/2 tall spacer. Anyhow i have 1" narrowed 1" forward porterbuilt arms ordered and want to change the springs while im at it. I ordered the 1" drop springs thinking if i needed to trim a little i could...i dont like the idea of it tho. If you cant sell them shoot me a pm. I make some pretty sweet led tails. Maybe we can trade up.
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:13 AM   #6
NC_John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robznob11 View Post
Yea, I had heard that before was not sure how true it was...i knew what they are for lol
My delema is this....I currently have a set of beltech springs in front. They are advertised as 3" drop f150 springs ..they look great on the truck but judging by pics i think they are equal to a 1-2" drop spring in reality.with my body drop my front tires scrub the fender some so i installed a 1/2 tall spacer. Anyhow i have 1" narrowed 1" forward porterbuilt arms ordered and want to change the springs while im at it. I ordered the 1" drop springs thinking if i needed to trim a little i could...i dont like the idea of it tho. If you cant sell them shoot me a pm. I make some pretty sweet led tails. Maybe we can trade up.
They might be true 3" drop springs but if the springs you took out are already worn out, the truck might have already been lowered (just by age) 1 - 2"

I just discovered I can get these in a USPS priority flat rate box so shipping across the US is $18.75.

Old 09-11-2016, 01:33 PM   #7
NC_John

Sold locally.