The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-12-2016, 08:12 AM   #1
srea76

1970-1971 Bard Finds

Hope everyone is doing well. Been a while since I was roaming these pages. I had a nice project I was working on and the wife got in a serious accident. I eventually had to sale it for bills and various reasons. I have been looking hard for the last few years to find something decent and not a rust bucket with an asking price twice its worth. Anyway, I wanted to share what I have run across. I wouldn't consider these real barn finds, but I did find them in a barn.Haha.

I travel with my job and found these 2 trucks about 8 years ago. They were in a barn behind the owners house and I could see the tailgate of the 71 model peaking out. So one day I stopped and talked to the owner. He told me the story about how he and his son had restored the trucks together and would never sell them. They had been restored about 2 years prior to our conversation.

Fast forward a few more years. Probably about 4 years ago and I stopped again. Both trucks still in the same place. A lot of dust and dirt on them from a few years of storage. I talked to the wife this time. She told me the story about how her husband and son restored them together and they would NEVER sell them.

Fast forward a few more years. Its 2016. My wife had a Dr. appointment about an hour away. These truck were about 30 more minutes from her Dr. I asked her if she felt like it after the visit if we could stop and see if they are still there. So everything goes fine. We grab some lunch. Then I start heading by the house with the trucks. I knocked and the dad came out. He did not remember me from before. I asked if he may be interested in selling the trucks. He said his son had decided he would and that he, the dad, might sell his also. He told me the story of how he and his son restored the trucks together about 10 years ago. But they never drive them and hate to see them sit in the dust and rot. So we checked both trucks out and they were covered in dust and dirt and smelled like gas from 1929. He told me his asking price on both trucks and gave me his number.

Fast forward to a few weeks back. I was only interested in the 1971 because it was a custom deluxe and was highly optioned. His price was high for the one truck. So I made an offer on both. I told him no headache and no trying to find a buyer I would pay cash money for both. We didn't make a deal that day, but it got him and his wife thinking and they called. We negotiated a little. Then I brought these 2 C10s home! I have been working on the 70 the last few weeks and driving the 71 smiling. Ill prob sell the 70 once I get it right. Then use some of those funds on the 71. I hope you guys enjoy the pictures.
Attached Images

Red Baron-72 c10 Project

Last edited by srea76; 09-12-2016 at 10:30 AM. Reason: spelling
srea76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 09:23 AM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: 1970-1971 Bard Finds

-
Good score! That's why is is a good idea to keep checking up on that stuff.....

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:27 AM   #3
WarMonger

great looking truck. Glad it finally worked out for you on these.
1970 C20
-_--_--_- ______
_--_--_- /___|__\____
-_--_-_ |_(0)|__|_(0)]
1972 K5
WarMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:54 AM   #4
Jrainman

Good for you for staying on the look out ,Congrats
Jrainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 12:17 PM   #5
ghalperin

I like the matching paint and rims.

1960 Burro Corvair/VW Buggy - Factory made in Santa Ana, Ca

1929 Ford Model A Roadster - traditional pre-war banger hot rod
ghalperin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:43 PM   #6
srea76

Think im going to trade or sell the wheels and go with rallyes when I get the extra cash. Although the 15x10s are growing on me.

Red Baron-72 c10 Project
srea76 is offline   Reply With Quote