The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-13-2016, 12:37 PM   #1
Pirate83

Think this is a good deal?

I was just shopping around before i come back from Korea, and found this beauty. BUT i dont know much about vehicles. Think this is a good deal?

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/5776324238.html
Pirate83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:46 PM   #2
jr1000yarder

Re: Think this is a good deal?

No title scares me.......Call GA DMV to confirm that "only a pink slip is needed"...... I would also ask for better pictures....Floors, rockers, door bottoms, engine bay ......
Old 09-13-2016, 12:46 PM   #3
In The Ten Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate83 View Post
I was just shopping around before i come back from Korea, and found this beauty. BUT i dont know much about vehicles. Think this is a good deal?

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/5776324238.html
I am hardly the guy to ask but you may be able to find a member that can go check on it for you.

It appears that only the passenger front fender is made for the styling strips, with the rest of that side not made for it. I know that welding up each individual strip attachment hole will get expensive, if someone has to be hired for the job. I do know those fenders are reproduced and members on this forum have OEM fenders for sale from time to time, especially "out west" or in Arizona, which may be convenient for you.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:48 PM   #4
Pirate83

I already asked him for better pictures and he said he'll send them later when he gets home from work. As for the no title, In GA, for vehicles 1985 and before you dont need a title to sell. Straight from the Georgia DMV website. hes also going to give me the vin so i can look it up, and im probably going to really insist that he get a title just to be safe.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:50 PM   #5
Pirate83

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring View Post
I am hardly the guy to ask but you may be able to find a member that can go check on it for you.

It appears that only the passenger front fender is made for the styling strips, with the rest of that side not made for it. I know that welding up each individual strip attachment hole will get expensive, if someone has to be hired for the job. I do know those fenders are reproduced and members on this forum have OEM fenders for sale from time to time, especially "out west" or in Arizona, which may be convenient for you.
haha well i will be moving to Georgia in October so i would just stay there with it. And i was literally just talking to my Dad about looking at it. good timing.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:57 PM   #6
68 CRACKERBOX

you can not get a title in Ga for something older than 76 because they didn't issue them titles back then just a reg. slip

72 gmc 2500 longhorn
68 chevy c-30 50th anniv. 9ft step side
68 gmc crackerbox 8v71 detroit
72 gmc astro95 8v71 detroit
68 CRACKERBOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:02 PM   #7
Pirate83

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 CRACKERBOX View Post
you can not get a title in Ga for something older than 76 because they didn't issue them titles back then just a reg. slip
Well thats interesting. Where did you get that info?
Old 09-13-2016, 01:10 PM   #8
68 CRACKERBOX

I have been buying and selling trucks in the south for years. Ala. didn't have titles either

72 gmc 2500 longhorn
68 chevy c-30 50th anniv. 9ft step side
68 gmc crackerbox 8v71 detroit
72 gmc astro95 8v71 detroit
68 CRACKERBOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:18 PM   #9
Pirate83

hmmm just found this on the GDMV website:

"You cannot title a 1963-1985 year model vehicle if:
The vehicle has been registered in someone else's name(s) other than the owner(s) shown on the face of the Georgia title."

So obviously he had it registered, and since I'm military I will eventually be moving out of state and when i get to that next state and they require the title to register it, ill be SOL, and have to get in touch with him again and have hom go and get the title from the DMV and then transfer it over to my name. And that is all banking on if this guy even has the title or if the previous owner had it.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:22 PM   #10
TwoFiftyShifter

They will never issue a title for that vehicle in GA. ALABAMA is the same way. Should not be a problem to transfer to another state if you had to.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:27 PM   #11
Gainsb

I had a friend buy an old Porsche from Georgia, it was a royal pain in the *ss to get it titled and registered in MA. I would just check with your states DMV and see what they need if you buy a car from a state that doesn't issue titles for older vehicles.
Gainsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:28 PM   #12
Pirate83

yeah what he said! haha. I just got off the phone with the GA title office and they told me that they will never issue a title for the truck cause its too old and if i move to another state that state can look it up and see that it was from GA and that it wasnt able to be titled, and they would either call it good and let me register it there or issue me a title there and then get it registered. awesome sauce!
Old 09-13-2016, 02:55 PM   #13
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring View Post

It appears that only the passenger front fender is made for the styling strips, with the rest of that side not made for it.
I noticed that, as well as the 1972 only passenger door. Not sure about 'Corvette' motor, but who knows. Fresh paint can hide a lot of body issues. Even so, $5,000 for a truck now-a-days doesn't even turn heads.
cypressbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 03:25 PM   #14
BILT4ME

It may not apply here, but in Kansas, I can buy a vehicle with Bill of Sale only and title it into my name on vehicles that are 25+ years old, as long as the Bill of Sale is from KANSAS.

If I bought a truck from Missouri and tried to title it in Kansas using a BOS, it would NOT work. I would be REQUIRED to provide a Missouri title before I could license it in KS.

We recently bought a 70 GMC on BOS from another person in KS. (The original title from 1970 is with it, but I don;t want to give it up) and I will use the BOS to title it.