The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2016, 07:15 PM   #1
Mrturner1

Time for some suspension!!

Well the time has come for some suspension work finally, I've tinkered with the engine long enough (or too long rather). I have a totally stock and very old and cruddy suspension right now, so I want to update a little and change a few things. Here's what I want to do...add a heavy duty front sway bar, which I'm getting from the pick and pull so that's handled. I also want to lower it a few inches but I have a feeling the old springs are probably worn out, so I can't really tell how much I want to lower it. I was thinking or doing a 2/4 drop so I could use all spring and not have to do spindles just yet. Anybody ever installed a 2/4 drop and wound up with the truck being the same height or higher than it was with the old sagging springs? I also want to get new shocks that will work with the drop springs, so I'm wondering if I'll need some aftermarket length with a 2/4 drop, or if stock length will work.

The truck is used for fun only, and will see some time at the track next year I'm sure if I can get it safe enough. I'll also add that some time in the next couple months I'll be putting on some 17 or 18 inch wheels with a relatively low profile tire. Not rubber bands by any means but they will be pretty low profile.
Mrturner1 is offline   Reply With Quote