The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: Tool box lock cap finish.
Black cap on tool box lock to hide it 5 41.67%
Stainless cap on tool box lock to match door lock caps. 7 58.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2016, 05:53 PM   #1
chewychevy67

Stainless or black lock cover on tool box?

I am adding a bed side tool box on my restoration of my 67 swb. Here is a photo of what the truck will look like but will have the tool box. My door locks will stay bright but would you make the tool box lock case black to make the lines look smoother or bright to match the door locks?
Attached Images

chewychevy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 09:50 PM   #2
In The Ten Ring

Re: Stainless or black lock cover on tool box?

No one can know this but you. Everyone likes a poll but only one person can know.

I'd suggest drawing up a pic or mocking the look and do a comparison. After you put whichever one on, you'll end up changing it later anyway. LOL
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 12:34 AM   #3
chewychevy67

I hear you. I like the function and utility of the tool box in a truck. I'm worried that the stainless lock will take the sleek look away from the 67 68 mouldings. I am going to move the handle down 1/2 inch when I shorten the door so the moulding will not have a cut out for the handle. The black lock will just hide it a bit.
chewychevy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:04 AM   #4
In The Ten Ring

I'm with you on a tool box. The side-mounted box the fleets can manage (such as yours) is one big advantage over the stepsides.

After some reflection, I think the black lock knob is a good idea. If nothing else, it might not be so quickly noticed by the hordes of drug-addicted thieves America is seeing a revival in.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:34 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

I think I'd leave it stainless. It will just "be there". That dot will draw attention for a second, but I don't see it adding clutter or killing any lines. I wonder if making it black will only make the added surrounding seam stand out more, as opposed to looking to see what that dot is, then getting an immediate explanation of a cool custom feature. The truck has an all stock appearance so an all stock-looking tool box door is what I would want. It's one of those things (as we've discussed) we both seem to love... A custom touch that looks like something that "could have" been factory. One where those who even know a little about these trucks will look at and ask with a confused tone, "Did they make these this way? Never seen one before". The kind of thing I see you like to do.

Edit: And the black just screams late 80s-90s

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 09-28-2016 at 09:40 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote