The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-08-2016, 05:13 PM   #1
dcfd470

What is this worth?

HI I am looking into a Chevy truck that was born a standard 6 cylinder truck vin #CS104S124130 It has been restored ground up and changed into a Super Cheyenne. It looks very nice and if you didn't look at the vin you wouldn't know. It has a wooden bed, Factory AC,402 with automatic he wants 22,000 What do you think?
Attached Images

dcfd470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 05:49 PM   #2
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Re: What is this worth?

If you look hard enough you should able to find a real Super Cheyenne short box for that kind of money.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 07:19 PM   #3
dcfd470

What would be a good price for it if it is condition with everything in good working order.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:31 PM   #4
Willie Makeit

I've seen a lot less sell for a lot more.
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 07:38 PM   #5
dcfd470

I thought it was a pretty good price even though it was a clone. It is a nice truck I just don't want to get screwed or lose money on it. If I get it I plan on driving it and having a good time with it.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:42 PM   #6
68bowtie

seems like the right magnitude to me. offer 18 and go from there. if you like it enough and bought it for 20k i would not feel bad about paying that. as long as you check it out REAL thoroughly.

Survivor "Lil’ Mint" (67 c10 40k mile light green original paint)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh) SOLD
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh) SOLD
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 07:55 PM   #7
leddzepp

Beautiful truck, buy it before someone else does.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:45 PM   #8
dcfd470

So far the lowest he is going is 22,000 he wanted 23 but I guess we'll see tomorrow when I see it in person. He said the only bad is a very minor chip in the paint on/or near the hood barely noticeable.
Old 10-08-2016, 08:50 PM   #9
mud.man.rj

Sure looks nice and as long as your happy with the build doesn't matter it was born with a 6cyl unless you want to turn it over, hopefully he drops the price some.
mud.man.rj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:58 PM   #10
LongBox

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud.man.rj View Post
Sure looks nice and as long as your happy with the build doesn't matter it was born with a 6cyl unless you want to turn it over, hopefully he drops the price some.
I think this hits the nail on the head. If you are not thinking of selling the truck, and you like it, go for it. The fact that it is a clone is only a drawback when you go to sell it. Make sure, when dealing with the seller, that you are aware of this, and of course, that will make him/her aware as well, and may get you a better price.

-69 GMC 910 Long Box, 350
-98 Chev Silverado 1500, 350 Vortec 4L60e
-08 Mustang GT Convertible
LongBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:15 PM   #11
dcfd470

I have wanted at least a 71 or 72 Cheyenne with A/C for a long time now. I have a 87 that is pretty sweet I did a ground up on. I would love to have the Super Cheyenne. I would keep it for a while and they are all in a garage most of the time. I just did not want to pay way too much for it and lose money if I had to sell it down the road. When I first saw it he did not say it was a clone and he thought the numbers were matching but then I saw the VIN# but he only listed it as a c10 with a big block 402. Thanks For all of the replys.
Attached Images

Old 10-08-2016, 09:59 PM   #12
special-K
Special Order

All we are seeing are pictures of a nice looking truck. I'd have to see the quality of the build up close to say if the job is worthy of that much money. It has to be a decent job because you can't fall back on it being a factory Cheyenne Super V8 truck, only the quality of the job. Since you haven't seen it and only have what the seller told you as the "only flaw", I'd look it over really well, take pictures, and then come back with the pics and info on what you saw.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 10:23 PM   #13
TheCougarine

Special K has the right idea. Go check it out in person and go from there. Not always but usually nothing is as nice as the seller says it is. I don't think I've ever went to look at something and it be this flawless vehicle the seller tells me it is. It looks like a nice truck but if you're worried about losing money I'd find a real super or a cheaper truck. A clone is just that, a clone. Personally I'd look at what similar trucks are going for and base my offer on that. I wouldn't pay 1,000s of dollars for what amounts to a couple 15 dollar badges you could stick on any other truck and call a super.
TheCougarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 11:02 PM   #14
custom10nut

I'm with Cougarine. The only "flaw" is that this guy paid to have his truck built, and now wants to recoup his money. Just because someone puts all the "most wanted" options into a low optioned truck, doesn't give it a new SPID. Go play hardball with him, and ask if he can justify the price. I'd bet the new power train, new deluxe interior, new bed floor, and showroom paint would come out to about 22k if you were to have "somebody else" do it for you.
custom10nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 11:12 PM   #15
leddzepp

There is no such thing as numbers matching on these trucks, and the silly sticker called a SPID can be reproduced and added if that's a big deal to you. The quality of the build will dictate it's value. If it's as nice as it looks in the pics (examining it in person should go without saying), and you plan to keep it a couple years and then sell it, you won't lose money by any means.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 11:16 PM   #16
Tom Vogel
2WD Jimmy

[QUOTE=. I'd bet the new power train, new deluxe interior, new bed floor, and showroom paint would come out to about 22k if you were to have "somebody else" do it for you.[/QUOTE]

lol.... oh my
Tom Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 11:35 PM   #17
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

From what little I can tell about the pics, it looks nice.

1. How much of it is "original" GM parts and what are any replacements?

2. How is the workmanship? Is the paint/body near or at perfect?

3. Any sign of pitting, such as on the frame? How about rust?

4. Does it drive real nice?

5. Is it an original short bed and frame?

6. Does the cab add up to the SPID? Perhaps a build sheet?

If good then IMO it's worth 22....You can't rebuild one for that. Not great anyway.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:29 AM   #18
mud.man.rj

Had a better look at truck, no engine pic's but try and do body, paint, a big block and look 1/2 as good as that truck for $22k, not going to happen, if you like it try and deal with him, if not then move on. Remember your the one who wants the truck, only opinions on her, all you.
mud.man.rj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:43 AM   #19
Mint68

I think 22 is too high for this truck, I would think mid to upper teens on it. Gives me the impression of a pieced together truck.

It does look pretty in the pics, but I don't like the obvious things that are off. What does the under side look like? The exhaust looks aged far more than the truck, which makes me think the frame was not done.
Mint68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 08:35 AM   #20
special-K
Special Order

To "have" a truck like that done would run into $35k or more. Last time I figured what I have into the pieces to build my '67 GMC SWB, which will be a clone/mild custom, was $15k. That is with some parts acquired over a 20 years ago, such as rust free cab bought in early-90s for $500, and none in the last 5 or so years. The 327 cost me $1,300 to be rebuilt to about the same horsepower. I bought the 4/6 drop everything rebuilt/new rolling SWB chassis for $1k. I don't have tires, paint, exhaust, driveshaft, heat/ac system, wiring, and much much more. Looking at it as far as how much it costs to do a truck that nice it is a decent deal...as long as the next guy sees it that way.

I said look at it in person, which we all know is obvious, so you can provide "us" with more info to better judge it's value. At the point we have all answered the best we can do is give a general value for a similar truck to how this one "appears" to be in the pictures you provided and with what info you had from the seller. The values seem to inch up with each truck sold. You can't go by comparing to two years ago. It's not about what they are worth, it's about how much someone will pay and how many will pay that. I don't think most are "worth" what I see them go for. Back when it was only a select group of guys into these trucks, we never expected to regain what we put into them. Sometimes you can get ahead of the inflation and actually break even, but still shouldn't be expected. I was at the AACA National meet at Hershey this week and it struck me how you could buy one heck of a classic there for what people pay (and less) for these trucks. It's about what you love, not what it's worth. I fell in love with a beautiful perfect black w/red interior era correct early mild custom '34 Master Deluxe Coupe with $35k on it. Try finding another one of those.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 10-09-2016, 09:08 AM   #21
dcfd470

Thanks for all the replies I think I am not even going to look at it because of a couple things. I was excited about it when I first saw it he had it listed as a c10 only. When I looked at the photos I noticed that it seem to be a cheyenne super? I asked him and he said yes and it was numbers matching. Then he seemed to be vague on some of the questions other than it was mint. I have several cars and trucks and they are all in excellent condition and maybe my camaro is very close to mint but I could find something wrong with it if I looked. I do like having all of my cars and trucks in excellent shape so I guess I am going to just wait for another one. Here are some more pics he sent me. Thanks for all the info it help me make my decision.
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2016, 11:16 AM   #22
special-K
Special Order

Yeah, sometimes the truck is better than the one selling. Once you catch one white lie you have to wonder what is true and what is not. I usually walk away at that point, unless it can speak for itself regardless of what the salesman in the checkered suit says

Tim

Old 10-09-2016, 12:04 PM   #23
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
There is no such thing as numbers matching on these trucks, and the silly sticker called a SPID can be reproduced and added if that's a big deal to you. The quality of the build will dictate it's value. If it's as nice as it looks in the pics (examining it in person should go without saying), and you plan to keep it a couple years and then sell it, you won't lose money by any means.
This ^^^ 100%

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:47 PM   #24
custom10nut

Hey, if you think it's worth it, then it is. It your money. Everybody has a different idea of what value, original, and factory mean, so I'll leave this one to the "Experts"
custom10nut is offline   Reply With Quote