The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-09-2003, 05:14 PM   #1
Porkchop

wanted to buy or trade- front and rearend parts

I am willing to trade or buy---
I am looking for half ton, five or six lug front and rearend parts for my 69. I would like to get a whole front crossmember. If it were to have disc brakes that would be great, but drums are good too. I don't care what year truck this comes off of just so long as it is a simple swap. I would also like to find a posi rearend for a leaf spring setup. I have not decided on what ratio I want yet; just let me know what you have.
I would be willing to trade my 2wd 3/4 ton crossmember and rearend for the half ton parts. I have all the perfectly operable (last I checked) front end and rearend (I think someone told me it was a Dana 4.11 open dif.) parts for a drum brake eight lug 3/4 ton setup. I will include the original 5 rims and tires with this setup.
And one more thing- I would also be happy to find a nice muncie four speed transmission. I haven't decided if I want the close or the far ratio tranny yet. Let me know if you are getting rid of one. If you would want it, I would give you my granny four speed and some money for the muncie. I know the granny four isn't worth as much as a muncie.
I also have some dune buggy parts that I would be willing to trade (or sell) if someone is into that hobby.
I live in southwest lower Michigan. I would be willing to travel some distance to get the parts, I don't want to ship.
thanks very much
brad
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 05:28 PM   #2
Ironhorse

To bad your so far away as I am parting a 71 1/2 ton with discs up front and drum rear. Rear axle is gone but have complete front cross member stilll under the truck to include the proportioning valve. Brakes still worked when removed the rear axle. Capped all lines off so all should be good. Won't fit my 6 lug 4x4. Anyone in south central Kansas or northern Oklahoma need such? $150 complete OBO.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 06:57 PM   #3
jmanz69
Careful, they attack...

I have parts for you. I have a set of upper and lower control arms, and a crossmember from my 69. Even have the drum spindles. with everything but the drums on them. Let me know if your interested. I live across the state, but it would make a good day trip for you. I want to get rid of these extra parts.

jmanz69
jmanz69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 08:00 PM   #4
Porkchop

jmanz69- Do you have the springs too? I can do without the spindals because I will probably go with some new lowering ones anyway, and rotors/calipers/master cylendar (or drum brake parts) wouldn't be too expensive to ship from somewhere else. Right??? So, how much would you want for the control arms and cross member? Is it still bolted together?
Ironhorse- if I were to buy a crossmember and control arms would you be willing to sell the disc brake parts(rotors, master cylendar, calipers, proportioning valve) seperately?
thanks a lot
brad
Old 10-09-2003, 08:37 PM   #5
jmanz69
Careful, they attack...

It's all apart, I bought a new frame and took all the good parts off my old one before cutting it to little chunks. everything is scattered around my garage and house. The uppers have been blasted and powder coated, the lowers have not, they are in need of cleaning and so is the crossmember. I will let you have the stock springs from my new frame, as I am buying lowered ones. They are powder coated black. If you come get it, I'll sell the whole lot for $50. If I have to ship it, it's gonna be more.
Old 10-10-2003, 12:40 AM   #6
wdz28ss

you dont need the crossmember. 1/2 and 3/4 are the same with the only difference is the upper control arm bracket on 1/2 tons are stamped instead of cast on 3/4. I have what you need here in Utah, but shipping would be a killer for ya.
Old 10-10-2003, 06:09 PM   #7
Porkchop

wdz28ss- I had been told a lot of times that it would be easier to just swap the whole crossmember from spindal to spindal- but I guess that is just because I would be able to avoid taking it apart which I want to do anyway to paint.
You said, "1/2 tons are stamped instead of cast on 3/4." ---- does that me that there is no difference in shape between the half ton and 3/4 ton and I really don't need to change it in order to put the truck at a stock half ton height with five lugs?????
So, is it just the upper control arm, the spindal, and the spring that seperate a 3/4 ton from a 1/2 ton?
thanks for the info
brad
Old 10-10-2003, 06:51 PM   #8
Ironhorse

Brad, Not sure if I want to break up the front crossmember set. Think it would be better if it remained in one piece for someone locally who wanted to stop by and pick up the whole crossmember. This is a manual disc brake set-up so you would still need the vacumn booster, bracket and firewall rod.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 07:37 PM   #9
wdz28ss

brad...it's not the upper arm, but the l shaped bracket that the upper arm attaches to. The shapes are the same, I also forgot that the two studs on this bracket for the 3'4 ton is a little size bigger in diameter. I would say that the L shaped bracket, upper arm cross pin, spindles/brakes, and springs are what seperate the 1/2 and 3/4 tons. so if you're looking for stock height 1/2 ton...I'd say change the spindles & springs and mabye just change out the upper arms or drill out the bolt hole. The difference is like 3/8 to 1/2 or so. This would save you the cost on shipping these very heavy parts and having to buy them.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:40 PM   #10
Porkchop

ttt
Old 10-14-2003, 07:02 AM   #11
jmanz69
Careful, they attack...

If you come get the stuff I have, you can have it all for $25. I am getting tired of kicking it around. I have a cross member, upper and lower arms for a 69 and I'll even see if I can get my stock height front springs out of my frame. I don't know for sure on the springs as I don't have new ones at the moment. Let me know. I'm about 4 hrs from you. I've been to Dowagiac a few time to do some work at SPX Contech. I can get you pics of everything if you want too.

jmanz69