The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2016, 01:25 AM   #1
Jaydb07

Gasoline in cab liner

Replaced gas tank and sending unit in cab of 59 Apache. In process skinned the entire inside everywhere with the thin gray black-sticky-backed stuff, then over that the more thick pad with fluffy stuff in middle and silver stuff on each outer surface. Per advice of local hot rod shop owner. Went great. But in dealing with leaking connection between sending unit and fuel line I got LOTS of gas in the cab. The think insulated layer under the gas tank is completely staruatwd. Gas tank is still installed and half full and fuel line is disconnected from sending unit.

What the heck do I do now? How to get gas and gas smell out of the cab? How to prevent again at a later time soaking the cab insulation again? I am stubbornly preferring the tank in the cab. I don't like where the filler neck needs to be if I move it under the bed.

Will the gas smell fully go away after the gas evaporates? Or must I strip out all that insulation and replace it?

See the problem?

Thank you

Jay
Attached Images

Jaydb07 is offline   Reply With Quote