The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-10-2003, 07:18 PM   #1
Dwaynes56&68

Chevy stroker 383

I am selling off the motor I bought for my project truck. Its a 1970 4 bolt main block, bored .30 over, and line honed, arp main bolts. The Crank is a Scat steel crank, rods are Eagle forged I beams with ARP wave loc bolts. The oil pump is Melling High volumne with a mildon pickup tube tack welded. The pump drive is also milodon hardened and pinned. All bearings are Mich 77 tri metals. Pistons are 10.1 speed pro power forged flat tops and have Speed pro file fit moly coated rings. Cam is a Comp Cams XE 268 and matching comp lifters. Pushrods are comp cams hardened. The timing is controlled by a pete jackson timing gear set. The heads are factory HD 487 castings. They have new hardened seats on intake and exhaust, guides, matched comp cams springs and retainers. The valves are Manly pro flo 2.02 intake 1.6 exhaust with 3 angle cut and swirl polished. The heads also have been machined down 0.15 and cc'd out to 74 cc chambers. The ports have all been reworked and polished. The bowls all cut and blended to the seats. The rockers are Cat full aluminum body roller rockers with 1.5 ratio. Outside the motor is a factory timing cover cause the chrome ones always leak. A brand new sfi harmonic balancer, and new flywheel for auto transmission. The oil pan is a high capacity milodon. Valve covers are Billet aluminum tall profile to clear the rockers. The distributor is a new Accel unit with 50,000 volt coil and HP curve kit. Wires are Beldins, bosch platnum plugs, New water pump, The intake is new Edelbrock performer RPM, with a nearly new Holley 600 electric choke carb. New Carter High volumne fuel pump. Also has a haden screw on oil cooler under the oil filter the plumbs into heater hoses. Thats about all I can think of at the moment. Im not sure the exact horsepower this motor makes, but at a guess I would say about 430??? I have never installed or started this motor so its brand new. I have pictures I took while it was being built so you can see all the internals are exactly as I say. I also have the balance sheet from when that was done. If you come here to pick it up we can drop the pan so you can look inside, I am hiding nothing but I cant warranty it as I was given none myself. I am confident this motor will run with no problems as the guy that built it has about 30 years as a machinist. I am asking 3500 for it even though I have about 5 in it give or take. I must sell it asap as some dirt bag ripped off are sub and now I have no family car. So if your interested let me know. By the way, I will ship it at the buyers cost. You can figure shipping from 97386. I am in Oregon. Thanks for reading my ad, and if it sell threw here I will donate 50 bucks to the board.