The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-28-2016, 11:54 AM   #1
Clrussell

What's it worth? 3+3 shortbed 4x4

Hey guys. I had a huge speil typed up and my internet decided to crap out while trying to post.. Been a long time since I was on the forum..

Long story short, thinking about selling my dmax and getting into an old square body for towing the boat. Just less debt basically and something different to have..

Buddy has a 85 3+3 short bed 4x4 project sitting in my shop, he originally was going to cummins swap it and lost interest.. It's dana 60/14 bolt, 4" lift, no engine trans or transfer, full suburban interior, etc.. Body Is rust free and has new panels in places. Needs minor body work and paint.

What's it worth? I figure I'll have to throw 3-5k at it to get it done but I can do everything myself and already have a good 350 sitting on a stand looking for a home.. Truck is factory auto truck too.

Will tow 6000lbs about every weekend and I know it'll do it fine.

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot..

Thanks, Corbin
Old 11-28-2016, 12:08 PM   #2
Clrussell

Re: What's it worth? 3+3 shortbed 4x4

Pic of its current state
Attached Images

Old 11-28-2016, 12:40 PM   #3
Toomuchjunk

I paid 2300 for a cab front clip full interior and a shortened and boxed frame. Didn't have any running gear. No axles. I think it just depends on how bad you want it! Just don't get excited when you're negotiating. I did and I couldn't get him to budge after that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Toomuchjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 12:42 PM   #4
Toomuchjunk

Current state
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Toomuchjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 12:52 PM   #5
MalibuSSwagon

Vehicles in a disassembled or project state can be pretty worthless as I've found out, or possibly only worth their parts content. If he's a good friend, ask him what he's got into it, figure out what cash and labor you'll have to invest to make it roadworthy, and make him a reasonable offer based on that.
MalibuSSwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 03:16 PM   #6
Nick_R_23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuSSwagon View Post
Vehicles in a disassembled or project state can be pretty worthless as I've found out, or possibly only worth their parts content. If he's a good friend, ask him what he's got into it, figure out what cash and labor you'll have to invest to make it roadworthy, and make him a reasonable offer based on that.
This, right here. Many people try to price their project vehicles based on "what it could be" instead of "what it currently is". Because of this, many times you could pick up completed ones for less than what it would cost you to buy a project and complete it yourself.
Nick_R_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:55 PM   #7
Dead Parrot

2nd the thought to price it as a collection of parts. If it can't move under its own power, it is just a collection of parts you will have to move or pay to move to your place.
Dead Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:38 PM   #8
Half Assed

$1000.

That's what the parts are worth after the hassle of moving and selling them. That's a project that's only 25% complete.

I'd say it would be worth $3-5k if it was a good running truck with working a/c.

If you need a good used truck sell the duramax and buy a 96-06 3/4 or 1 ton gas truck. Or even a ford/dodge v10. Then sell it when you finish the K30.
Half Assed is offline   Reply With Quote