The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-28-2016, 11:47 PM   #1
red211

? 83 K10 sport?

I was hauling dirt on an small backroad Saturday and passed a barnyard with several 4x4s sitting around. Had a 70 that caught My eye first, then a couple of square bodies. All had mud grips, couldn't see the front of a beige K20 with factory wheels/ hubcaps and skinny mudders. Another I could see well had maybe a 4" lift with 33s and a tube grill. Faded black paint with maybe some pinstripping. The last trip back by I saw a guy on a four wheeler so I stopped in the road and went over. Real nice guy ( He was a chevy man) and I asked about the trucks. Beige one was His brothers, waiting for Him to bring parts, been sittin over a year. The 70 was new to Him, 4" lift with wheels and a big front bumper with winch. It was pretty rusty but He had an A/C cab and good bed that was going on it. The Tube grill was a 83 K10 4 speed. He used it to mostly haul wood with, He had offered it to someone for $2000.00 not long ago and thought it was worth that. We talked a little more, He wanted some gravel hauled and asked about that. Then had to go over to daughters house next door since supper was ready. I asked if I could look at the 83 and He was good so off He went and so did I. Body was average straight with some small rust in bed fenderwells, small amount in rockers and drivers floor. Good 33s, locking hubs on 6 lug axles. The paint was faded but was blackish with some small stripes running down upper bed with what looked like sport at the back of bed sides. Was getting dark and I had to go and phone was in truck so no pics.
Didn't look at vin but did they make such a package and if so did they make it in 4x4? I think I will go back out tomorrow and take another look at vin to see if it was a 2x4 converted, looked factory but didn't really have time to check close. So what's the word on the sport stripes? Anyone know?
red211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:48 AM   #2
DBLSPRT68

Re: ? 83 K10 sport?

The last factory sport was 1981. If that truck was an 83, The sport decal on the back might have been a dealer package. The factory sport package included: stripes, hood ornament, had to be on a Scottsdale truck. Could be optioned on 2wd, 4wd, stepside or fleetside.

PS. I know where a 1980 Sport stepside 2wd is. The original owner is unwilling to accept a very, very reasonable offer for his truck...........

Welcome here!
PROJECT TRUCK: 1985 SWB C10 Silverado Black/Charcoal, 1990 V2500 Suburban, 2018 Suburban, 2005 GMC 2500HD CCSB, 2014 Toyota Camry SE, HAD.....1968 Camaro RS/SS Family owned since new; 350 3 speed SOLD
DBLSPRT68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 03:19 PM   #3
red211

Wink Re: ? 83 K10 sport?

Thanks for the info and welcome. I have a 63 short step grandpa bought new so I have been lurking a lot. Just not much to contribute yet. Wanting to build a 67-72 4x4 daily driver but wife doesn't really see it the same way. She says I have a good truck, 05 HD, why would I want that... I like the square bodies too wo this "might" just fall into something to play with. It is 70* right now so I am getting the 63 out for a little ride, might just have to ride by there and take another look at it and discuse a little gravel hauling trade.
Will get a few pics and some real numbers aka vin, to answer some of the questions. Will let Y'all know later. Any other info is welcome.
red211 is offline   Reply With Quote