The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-06-2016, 10:27 PM   #1
HULK64

Rear Fender Measurement Help

Hey guys-
I bought my truck in pieces, and the bed sides were basically garbage so I cut off the rolled tops and rebuilt the sides out of flat sheet. I used the old bedsides as mockups for the fender holes, and I will be damned if they didn't turn out different from each other. Didn't even check to see if they were the same before I drilled the holes. #stupid
So, I am hoping I can get somebody to pull a tape to tell me the distance from the leading edge of a stock rear fender to the back edge of the bed support.
I also need the measurement of the top of the fender to the bottom edge of the top rolled edge.
Hopefully this pic explains what I am looking for. Just trying to get the sides to match, and not sure which one is right.

HULK64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:44 PM   #2
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Re: Rear Fender Measurement Help

Mine is 1 1/2" from top of fender to bottom of rolled edge (my bed is a 55 1st so my bed has flat tops,,, not angled like 47-54) ..i cant tell if your is flat or angled..and 14" fender to bed stake
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:40 PM   #3
HULK64

Thanks mongocanfly.
Mine has angled since it's a 51. Can somebody double check those measurements on an angle bedside?

I should probably have clarified- I have a 3100...lol
Old 12-07-2016, 02:29 AM   #4
mr48chev

I didn't get photos because it was too dark. I've got 13 inches from the back of the front stake pocket right at the bottom to the fender and 14 inches about 7 inches up.

Right at 2-1/2 inches from the bottom of the roll on the bed side to the top of the fender straight above the center of the wheel.

Actually I think you came pretty close and you could measure ten of them that have never been apart and probably get 6 different sets of measurements.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 08:32 AM   #5
HULK64

Haha- that's probably true! I just wanted to get a ballpark so that I can pick the one that is closest to that, and then match them side to side.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:51 PM   #6
mr48chev

I didn't measure the other side of mine as I couldn't get to it but I'd bet dollars to donuts that it isn't exactly the same as the passenger side. That's one of the things I will have to spend some time on when the truck goes back together as I put it together in a big hurry last time and getting things perfect wasn't too much of a consideration. The work 16 hours a day on it for three weeks go go from bare frame on stands to running driving truck was though.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote