The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-09-2016, 09:34 AM   #1
forcd02

Stepside bed angle welding-placement

My 70 stepside had some ugly floor installed, so I rem. it, but the factory angle brackets were rem., and I need to weld new ones on.
It looks like I need the board with the milled side to get the right depth so the
board will slide under the angle bracket.
I looked at the Mar K pick, looks liked they used a small section of wood for the spacer-anyone done this, and what did you use for a spacer-I don't have the wood kit yet.
Thanks
forcd02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 11:37 AM   #2
Mator

Re: Stepside bed angle welding-placement

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcd02 View Post
My 70 stepside had some ugly floor installed, so I rem. it, but the factory angle brackets were rem., and I need to weld new ones on.
It looks like I need the board with the milled side to get the right depth so the
board will slide under the angle bracket.
I looked at the Mar K pick, looks liked they used a small section of wood for the spacer-anyone done this, and what did you use for a spacer-I don't have the wood kit yet.
Thanks
I don't know if this will help, but I didn't do mine until the bed was laid in. But I bolted mine. I needed to know where the bed was sitting before adding the angle brackets. Also GMC Paul's has great info on bed install dimensions.
Attached Images

Mator is offline   Reply With Quote