The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-13-2003, 10:36 PM   #1
RShaips

Best way to drop my truck ?

I have a 67 Shortbed with a 71 frame ,so I have disc brakes in front.What I want to do is to drop the front 2-3" and the back 4".I thought I would use drop spindles in the front and springs in the back. Will my shocks need to be relocated in the rear ? What about just putting drop springs in the front without the spindles ? I kinda like the idea of putting air bags in and just running lines out where I can adjust them without having a compressor in the truck.If I do this should I also have drop spindles ? A lot of questions..I Know .But who else to ask ? Thanks
RShaips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 10:42 PM   #2
my new 72
faster, faster, faster

Do it right. Use spindles up front to keep the propper geometry and the propper drop springs in the rear with an adjustable panhard bar and shock relocators. DO NOT CUT YOUR STOCK SPRINGS. Don't be cheap, do it right the first time. You can run bags like you have said, but adjusting the pressures properly and keeping them aired up properly is the issue. I'd say stay with the static drop for now, and when you can afford the propper bag setup do it then.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:17 PM   #3
RShaips

Thanks , Thats what I was going to do.The bags won't hold air unless there is a compressor to monitor the pressure ?
RShaips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 11:17 PM   #4
dinnut

drop spindles are the best way to go up front. you can get a total of 2 and 1/2 inches of drop and you could also get another inch with springs. in back. u could go with http://www.classicperform.com/6092chevtrk.htm them and get what you need with an airbag setup in the rear. u can just get the bags which would require you to hook up to an air compressor for air or get the compressor and remote in dash control. of course relocate the shocks and get an adjustable panhard bar. a fast bag kit can be had for 899-1000 if u look in truckin if u would like to completely bag it.
Old 10-14-2003, 05:30 AM   #5
GMCPaul

Spindles in front/drop springs in the rear with a adjustable track arm bar, and we highly recommend rear shock reloctors on the rear to achieve maximum performance from your shocks.
We have a kit that supplies it all here for what your wanting to do
http://www.gmcpauls.com/lowering_springs_&_parts.htm
part #1120813
GMCPaul
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote