The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-21-2017, 01:03 PM   #1
TKCR

Complete Interior Kit from USA1

New from USA1. They have a complete set that they put together for the entire interior.

http://www.usa1industries.com/produc...t=0&featured=Y
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 01:12 PM   #2
gmachinz
Account Suspended

Re: Complete Interior Kit from USA1

oh boy....the cat is creeping out of the bag on these trucks people....!
gmachinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 01:31 PM   #3
TKCR

I tried to just throw some averages on prices on everything that I spent on doing a complete interior. I don't believe I spent this much, but close. Overall, I probably spent more, because of seatbelts & new radio & bezels and such. But the fact that they did all the work in putting the colors together that match. That takes time!!
Old 01-21-2017, 01:37 PM   #4
S10Fan
Old Heap Driver

Knowing what new upholstery can do to your wallet, the price seems pretty good considering.

'99 Silverado 1500, 4.3, 5-speed, reg cab, short bed
'50 Chevy 2DR Hard Top, 350/350, M2 Front End, 3:08 gear, cruiser.
'40 F**d Sedan, all Chevy power, Heidt's front end, TCI rear, nice driver.
S10Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 01:52 PM   #5
gmachinz
Account Suspended

Maybe....the single biggest expense are the seats if you have them upholstered and not just buy the run of the mill $350 prebuilt bench seats. I have rules for interiors when I build them with door panel inserts matching the seat material-imo I just can't handle seeing mis-matched soft trim-it's a carryover from my gbody building days-they just have to match....maybe it's the onset of OCD but that's just how I am lol.

When I view an interior of these trucks-I look for a few things first-and any truck builder trying to get huge money should also take note. First and foremost is the Dashpad-yep they're pricey but it makes or breaks an interior-that's just the way it goes-and it needs to have the correct plastic/metal trim package for the truck. Next are the door panels-better be nice-and if it's for power accessories, for big $$$ I expect NEW wiring-not junkyard/parts truck sources harnesses with several "fixes" all taped up either-why skimp on wiring with a 25K+ build? Then I look for the matching seat to door panel inserts....and this is where 95% of the high end trucks for sale try to get cheap.....as if the matching color alone is enough. Now, if somebody is building a truck for themselves that's one thing but to expect big $$$ I feel builders need to source the correct parts and build it as if a serious truck buyer who knows their **** is going to look at it.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:26 PM   #6
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmachinz View Post
Maybe....the single biggest expense are the seats if you have them upholstered and not just buy the run of the mill $350 prebuilt bench seats. I have rules for interiors when I build them with door panel inserts matching the seat material-imo I just can't handle seeing mis-matched soft trim-it's a carryover from my gbody building days-they just have to match....maybe it's the onset of OCD but that's just how I am lol.

When I view an interior of these trucks-I look for a few things first-and any truck builder trying to get huge money should also take note. First and foremost is the Dashpad-yep they're pricey but it makes or breaks an interior-that's just the way it goes-and it needs to have the correct plastic/metal trim package for the truck. Next are the door panels-better be nice-and if it's for power accessories, for big $$$ I expect NEW wiring-not junkyard/parts truck sources harnesses with several "fixes" all taped up either-why skimp on wiring with a 25K+ build? Then I look for the matching seat to door panel inserts....and this is where 95% of the high end trucks for sale try to get cheap.....as if the matching color alone is enough. Now, if somebody is building a truck for themselves that's one thing but to expect big $$$ I feel builders need to source the correct parts and build it as if a serious truck buyer who knows their **** is going to look at it.
Reading this, I would be curious, what your true thoughts of my interior. I was lucky and still have my original dash pad and it's not cracked. I would love to have OEM door panels, like the ones you offered up, but I can't justify the $ at the time. I would however, would like to see an actual photo of the door panels USA1 has in this kit. But my door inserts do match the seats, lol. I have learned so much as time went on. If I would have had more patience, I probably wouldn't have made a few of the choices I did when it came to my truck.
Old 01-21-2017, 07:11 PM   #7
gmachinz
Account Suspended

I like a lot of things about your truck actually-my beef is just with those that buildnwith the intention of making big $$. When I do build with the idea to offer it later for sale-I do opt to NOT go with dates themes....bow tie embroidered seat is a no-no, LED lighting I'm not a fan of either but moreover, it's pattern material and correct emblems/trim that really irritate me. Seeing aftermarket grills I don't care for either. Aftermarket add ons are nice as long as it isn't cheap or dated. For example, I like stock rally's on my 4x4 trucks but-I seen a set of vintage Cragar manual hubs on a truck in the salvage yard that was too cool to not get so I do have my own exceptions lol but it revolves mostly around quality aftermarket performance stuff.