The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-06-2017, 05:49 PM   #1
bigsky

SS bolt kit 72 K10

In some of my earlier research, read a thread about a company that was selling complete stainless steel bolt kits for the 72 pickups. Now that I am ready to order, I no longer remember which company was selling these kits. All help will be greatly appreciated
bigsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:09 PM   #2
Jrainman

Re: SS bolt kit 72 K10

depending on the grade of stainless (not all SS is equal ) would be a good question for that company , Just remember SS is a PIA to unthread after it have been torqued a good percentage of the hardware will only give you a one time use..

I work with SS hardware everysingle day and I will give you a tip on assembly never use air or electric : when bolting together the threads will lock up 50% of the time if you do so , and if that bolt and nut have to come out you have to cut it... the heat created by using air or elctric or battery power instantly messes SS threads up . some will say use antisieze it does work somtimes but not all the time Pepcident AC yes the kind you get at the drug store works way better and last longer on the threads if you are going the SS route

In my humble opinion its not even worth the cost let alone the agravation . regular grade 5,8 or what ever is required is a much better route.
Jrainman is offline   Reply With Quote