The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2017, 12:58 AM   #1
TXGreaseMonkey

Talking Shout out from South Texas!

Hey everyone (y'all!),

Not originally a Texan, but I've lived here since late 2006 and love it. Great car weather and although we don't have the cold snowy winters and big mountains to cruise through, the back roads and weather make up for it! Born in Hawaii, raised in Maryland, then lived in Colorado through my teens and early 20's.

I have had about 30 vehicles, first at 16 was a 69 Pontiac LeMans Custom-S Coupe. Few Camaros and even a Fiero. More recently (since about 2011) I have been into power-to-weight cars, under dogs. In my garage I currently have a 2004 Chevy Cavalier. Motor Swapped, supercharged, about 300fwhp. I also have a 1991 British Racing Green SE Miata. Big 50mm turbo also putting out around 300hp. Both are upgraded from bumper to bumper with supporting mods, but look nearly stock. Ive decided I'm tired of the constant tweaking with tuning software and boosting stock motors and running into issues. Ive done all the swaps myself other than the tuning (which I plan on learning eventually).

But I've always wanted to work on a C10. Old trucks are pretty cool whether they're lifted, dropped, or just left restored and stock looking. I picked up my 1970 longbed C10 a few weeks ago. It needs work, but it's a cool project. Rockauto already pulled through with some basics, but I plan on doing a complete interior, motor, and dropping it a bit to give it a better stance. It has Rally wheels with 275's all the way around, I plan on going a bit wider.

I look forward to sifting through the knowledge here with those of you experienced with this platform and getting my C10 worthy enough to share! I also typically do build threads, so i'll be taking pictures as I change even basic things.

Ill toss up a few pics here shortly.

Look forward to going through the build threads too and seeing what y'all've been working on too!
TXGreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote