The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-21-2017, 11:39 PM   #1
Chiselking

Hi Every Body Owner of 1960 C10 2WD

Hi, bought this 1960 C10 last year. It spent 27 years in a Junk yard, PO removed it and installed a wind shield and a 1994 454 from a pickup. Also installed a 700r4 4 speed auto trans. He went through the basics and got it running. As is the fate of many projects his wife intervened "you have to many toys you need to get rid of that old truck" The deadly sound heard by many car and truck guys. Once the nail was in the coffin it was a simple matter of hauling it to the swap meet. This is where i found it. Fate was at play as I had been saving back some cash just in case a buy like this should appear. I had looked at other trucks all in the 64 to 67 C10 range. Upon arriving at the swap meet This was the first truck I saw when I pulled in. I made a bee line towards this old girl. I looked all over it trying to find a reason not to purchase. I could find no reason not to take it home. The PO was very knowledgeable good ole boy. Just the guy you want to buy from. The truck had a noise (a bit of a howl) from the rear end. I decided to have a local Merrill Axle change out the rear end gears and go to a 3:38. I figured this would be a major improvement over the 3:90 gears they removed. The trick is you have to drive it slow and intermittent so the gears harden in and wear perfectly. It took a while but the results make for a quiet and reliable ride down the highway. Since purchase I have installed 2in drop springs in the rear, QA1 shocks rear, Front sway bar, and a couple exterior mirrors. Yet to be installed, new rebuilt power sterring sector, MOMO sterring wheel, Porsche 911 bucket seats, Wilwood disc brakes with 2 1/4 drop spindles front, rear sway bar, new plug wires, cold intake parts, new mp3 radio, tach, used heater from Florida from Ebay, doors from down south, found at a local salvage yard, Used visors that I plan to recover, with my also new to me Consew commercial sewing machine. Lots of plans. Looking forward to Good Guys Rod and Run Car show at the Iowa State Fair Grounds in July. Already signed up.
Chiselking is offline   Reply With Quote