The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-24-2017, 11:33 AM   #1
Squink1

67 stepside longbox

Sorry for the delay on the pics guys. Here are a few, it was getting dark so they didn't turn out very well. Here are a few of the many questions i need help answering. Why doesn't it have a fender cutout for the spare tire? As you can see it has a bracket on the pass side for the tire. Is this factory? My son and i are at odds now of leaving it a long stepper or chopping to a short fleetside. I will make the final decision, but i need help convincing him it will look cool when finished.( Not alot of pics out there of completed ones.) Anyone have any pics of theirs they would post that i can show him? I want him to be "all in" when we do this. Other questions, i am debating on keeping the stock seat or putting a newer belt in seat one in it. Any opinions? I am a pretty short guy at 5'3" and worried about sitting to low. An electric seat would allow me to raise it on my side. I hear the aftermarket foams raise you up,which would not be a problem for me. Also, i need to tear apart and get blasted. I already know prob rockers, but i can see rust around floor vents and on the outside of the cowl/firewall area directly behind both hood hinges. Do they make repair parts for any of this cowl / vent issues? HELP! I have more questions, but enough for now.Thank you. Pics did'nt post, i don't know what i am doing wrong?
Squink1 is offline   Reply With Quote