The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-12-2017, 09:55 PM   #1
rvrfoot

After market air

Does anyone has any pictures of after market air. I am looking for pictures of the 350 motor with the pulleys and air pump.
rvrfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:24 AM   #2
64shortbox

Re: After market air

rvrfoot,
You are going to be hard pressed to find anyone that is still running an air pump on their motor. Even here in Communist California - I see you're from so-cal, since we don't have to smog anything older than 1975 the smog pump is usually the first thing to go. I have an 80's 350 in my 64 C-10 with Vintage Air I hope these pics will help. If not let me know and I'll get some better ones for you. My truck hasn't seen the light of day in well over a year. There's nothing wrong with it, just haven't taken it out to play with it.
I've done a lot of work to my 64 cutting, whacking, hacking and modifying over the years. The A/C vents are out of a 64 Chrysler, now they have nice in dash ones that look great that I would have used if they were available at the time. My power brake pedal is a combo of my 64 & a 73 cut & welded, the suspended gas pedal - a mix of several vehicles a 75 Pontiac, a 72 Nova and the throttle cable from a 73 GMC. The tilt column out of a 72 Chevy van. I've added footwell courtesy lights from a 73 C-10 & a Jeep Cherokee. Now when I open the doors the courtesy lights come on. Since the pics were taken I've had the seat reupholstered & added power windows & locks. Oh and of course Power Disc Brakes from a 73 -10 with CPP drop spindles & 6 lug rotors. The rear is bagged & now I want to drop the front another 2", These trucks are never done. Notice the Ford truck radiator overflow/windshield washer bottle? Looks like it came from the factory like that don't it?
Attached Images

64shortbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:27 AM   #3
rvrfoot

Well 64shortbox, Wow you did a lot to your truck. You helped me with my tonneau cover questions a wile back. Thanks for all the info. The reason i ask about the ac is a wanted too do aluminum pulleys on my motor. I have a single groove water pump pulley now Looks like i need a double groove pulley.Almost all the pictures i see the ac pump is on the passenger side. I drive it almost every day.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:14 PM   #4
Hugh in NC

Vintage air as installed by the previous owner. All works great.

Hugh
Hugh in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:54 PM   #5
rvrfoot

Hugh thanks for the pictures.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:09 AM   #6
luvbowties

Question Re: After market air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh in NC View Post

Vintage air as installed by the previous owner. All works great.

Hugh
Hey Hugh, just gotta love that air cleaner Would you consider sharing the source? I'm far enough away(in SC) from you in(NC) to let anyone see they are duplicates! It just calls my name
Thanks--rest of truck deserves that pretty of an ac too! Lotsa work I see.
Sam
luvbowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 08:28 PM   #7
Hugh in NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvbowties View Post
Hey Hugh, just gotta love that air cleaner Would you consider sharing the source? I'm far enough away(in SC) from you in(NC) to let anyone see they are duplicates! It just calls my name
Thanks--rest of truck deserves that pretty of an ac too! Lotsa work I see.
Sam

The air cleaner was built by the previous owner. I took it off for a while but then decided that I like it and it was different from everybody else. Go ahead and make your self one.

I hope I can explain this so it makes sense. The air cleaner started life as a standard, off the shelf unit with the chrome top and exposed element. The PO got a piece of flat sheet metal and formed it into a circle that just fit inside the top and bottom of the air cleaner and was the height of the air filter element. Then he welded the seam in the back. The 2 air horns are chrome exhaust tips. He cut the holes and welded in the chrome tips and painted the weld and the circular sheet metal black. Then put in a slightly smaller diameter air filter. Finished.

Post a photo when you get yours built. Where in SC are you?? I am in Rockingham, NC.

Hugh
Hugh in NC is offline   Reply With Quote