The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-13-2017, 07:56 PM   #1
dtkarst

First Venture into this Body style

Shouldn't say this is my first venture into them, Ive had a couple int he past few years but lately i have dove head first into them. Im only 26 but have owned over 30 1960-66 Chevy pickups. Parts trucks, ones that run, ones that are junk...The usual. Well an older friend of mine has been collecting these for years and he was recently diagnosed with cancer, fortunately is a kind that has an 80% success rate and 100% survival with what he has but wanted to clear out his 30 year part collection of strictly 67-72 parts. I bought it all. which made me dive into these things head first and hope for the best. And a 71 cheyenne 1/2 ton that was with it all that i have to pickup.

But onto this one that Is really the first one I've considered keeping around. Bought it initially to flip it for other projects but these damn things grow on you. I had another thread started about it but heres another because I'm pretty excited. its a 1969 C10 custom, original motor and transmission, AC, PS, PB, Automatic. Dash pad is in nice shape as well as the headliner and door panels. Sure she has her rust, such as rockers, cab corners, etc. But running and driving for 800 i couldnt pass it up. And Here are some pictures, plan on sticking an hei in it, new wires, basic tune up stuff. Have a set of Rally wheels for it as well, removing the topper and finding a tailgate. Spent about 20 minutes cutting the old bailing wire off of it this evening, now I'm just needing to hook my starter wires back up and put my new ignition switch in until i get the other stuff. but here it is.
Attached Images

dtkarst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:58 PM   #2
dtkarst

Re: First Venture into this Body style

Few more
Attached Images

Old 03-13-2017, 08:00 PM   #3
dtkarst

Forgot a couple.
Attached Images

Old 03-14-2017, 09:03 AM   #4
fatbass

Sweet truck. I love the period correct camper too.
fatbass is offline   Reply With Quote