The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-10-2017, 09:50 AM   #1
old51sedan

MI: Bucket Seat Track

I need the slider mount tracks for a driver's side factory bucket seat. Does anyone have a set? Could a set from a regular bench seat be made to work? Are they the right height and/or length? I've heard that they repo the pass side, how about the drivers side? Was it possible to order any model pickup with buckets or did you need to order a deluxe model?

Last edited by old51sedan; 04-10-2017 at 09:52 AM. Reason: more information
old51sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:15 AM   #2
Bigdav160

Re: MI: Bucket Seat Track

Here you go
'73 Z-28 Camaro
'63 Ford SWB Uni Pickup
'50 Ford Coupe
Bigdav160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:17 AM   #3
randy500
Account Suspended

Re: MI: Bucket Seat Track

I just made a set of bracket this weekend. That thread is pretty good but instead of shimming them up inside the truck I built the brackets on the bench.

I didn't want to have to try to measure the height etc inside the truck, so I did it on the bench, no bending over, shimming or guessing if they were exactly the same height.

I turned the passenger side bucket with the fixed mounts upside down and placed a piece of angle iron across the mounting bolts with the edge centered in the holes.
I then cut the mounting brackets off the bench seat tracks and clamped the track upside down on the angle iron. I only lined up the front mounting holes because the bench seat track is about 2.5" longer than the bucket seat track. I actually shortened the track, that was a lot of work. Just clamp the rear up at the same height as the fixed rear floor mounting point.

I placed the front track mount on the seat frame below the slider and made a bracket to make up the height and tacked it in place.
For the back I took the old rear bracket and placed it by the clamped up slider, marked the height and cut it down, then tacked it in place.
I removed the mocked up seat slider and welded it all up.
Repeat process on the other seat slider mount.

I had to drill a hole in the rear track mount where it meets the seat frame and on the front I had to drill the seat frame to add a bolt and nut.
randy500 is offline   Reply With Quote