The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-01-2017, 06:23 AM   #1
kgmunro

67 c10 in the sky...

So i have a 67 c10 with a conversion to disc up front. I had 3 inch drop spindles and coils with one ring cut off. Problem i had was with am 8 inch rally truck rim my control arm lip contacted the rally wheel. I put the stock spindles on yesterday and now it looks like a 4x4. What can i do to drop it two inches yp front? Can i just buy a two inch drop coil? Thats what i would like to do but i prefer not to use these spindles until i get larger wheels. Just not sure...will a two inch coil actually drop two inches?
kgmunro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:51 AM   #2
hewittca

Re: 67 c10 in the sky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmunro View Post
So i have a 67 c10 with a conversion to disc up front. I had 3 inch drop spindles and coils with one ring cut off. Problem i had was with am 8 inch rally truck rim my control arm lip contacted the rally wheel. I put the stock spindles on yesterday and now it looks like a 4x4. What can i do to drop it two inches yp front? Can i just buy a two inch drop coil? Thats what i would like to do but i prefer not to use these spindles until i get larger wheels. Just not sure...will a two inch coil actually drop two inches?
If you already have one coil cut from the spring, that's about a 2" drop. You'd need a 4" spring to get an additional 2", which is a big drop on a spring up front. They are available, but you will have to cut out the bump stop brackets and put in new bumpstops. Alternatively, I know a lot of guys are cutting the lip off the lower A-arm where it hits on 15" wheels and have had no issues with this mod. I know it's commonly done for 2.5" drop spindles, but I'm not sure how much worse the interference issue is with 3" spindles. Either way, you are going to have to do some cutting to get those 15" wheels to fit.
-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:27 AM   #3
kgmunro

Re: 67 c10 in the sky...

Oh ok. I did not know if it would compromise the strength by trimming the lip off the arm but i guess i will try. It looks like a four wheel drive right now!
kgmunro is offline   Reply With Quote