The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-25-2017, 07:23 PM   #1
wahl4m

glove box install ??

has anybody installed a glove box in a 64-66 truck w/air ? could not find any posts on it ?mine seems like i dont have enough hands to manupilate it in position and start all the screws ?? & hold the door in the right position & not scratch the dash paint up?? any ideasa ?? thanks mike
wahl4m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 12:44 AM   #2
AcampoDave

Re: glove box install ??

Mike, an aftermarket a/c kit normally comes with a smaller box to accommodate the evaporator. In any case you have to remove the door and slip the box under the flanges on both sides then screw the flange back on left and right.
AcampoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:42 AM   #3
wahl4m

yes its the air box but it just seems like its a hell of a job ?? i guess i will get somebody to give me 2 more hands & try again ! i just have to be carefull to not damage the little cardboard tabs -they are almost junk when you by one ? i had to really dig hard in there stock to find one that had nice tabs & not bent up ! wish i could find a manufacturer that made one from a more ridgid material in the tab area?? thanks for any info !!
Old 06-26-2017, 10:53 PM   #4
AcampoDave

Vintage Air makes a box out of hard plastic for their Sure Fit kits. Can't hurt to check with them.
AcampoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:12 AM   #5
wahl4m

i was just out working on it & got it in !! had to find some longer screws -seems like the correct ones -are too short to try to get the liner close enough to start the screws & the outside edges of the box are either too short or too long in areas ! i might ck out that hard plastic box -might be the way too go? id heard some company had something -nicer ??