The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1960-1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-02-2017, 08:00 PM   #1
GMCNUT

60-66 Fleetside Chevy tailgate

My buddy painted this tailgate in his backyard in 2012 and apparently he used too much hardener because today, 5 yrs later, his paint work is cracking and coming off. I need rid of this because its taking up valuable space in my shop.

150.00 + the ride

Send your zip for a shipping calculation
Attached Images

1961 Chevy SWB Fleetside BBW Custom Cab #'s matching 283 V8 & Powerglide w/ uber-rare Cool-Pack A/C, factory PB, deluxe heat, Clock
1961 GMC K1000 4x4 SWB w/ BBW, Custom Cab and numbers matching 305D V6 engine & 4 spd
1960 GMC SWB Fleetside BBW Custom Cab #'s matching 305A V6 & Hydramatic, factory PB, Clock, Tach, Compass, Hood Jet
1959 Chevy SWB Fleetside BBW Custom Cab w/ rare stainless bed trim, #'s matching 283 V8 & Hydramatic, Deluxe Heat, radio, spotlight
1958 Chevy Cameo #'s matching 283 V8 & Hydramatic, radio, window washers, Factory PB
1958 GMC BBW SWB Fleetside Custom Cab, #'s matching 336 V8 Hydramatic, Factory PS, PB, Clock, RSD, Deluxe Heat & Hood Jet
1957 GMC Suburban Pickup (GMC's Cameo) #'s matching 347 V8 Hydramatic, uber-rare vacuum ashtray, Factory PS, PB, Clock, RSD, Hood Jet
1956 Chevy 3800 1 ton w/ rare 9 ft stepside bed, factory 265 V8 w/ Hydramatic, factory PB, Custom Cab, deluxe heat, spotlight and hood jet.
GMCNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:02 PM   #2
CousinTone

Re: 60-66 Fleetside Chevy tailgate

How much for the ride to 92870? I am shipping a tailgate out and found FedEx ground to be cheapest, even to greyhound. Any way, what would it be and please confirm that it will be crated if shipped. Nothing like getting a hockey stick for a tailgate. Thanks, Tony
CousinTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:12 PM   #3
GMCNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinTone View Post
How much for the ride to 92870? I am shipping a tailgate out and found FedEx ground to be cheapest, even to greyhound. Any way, what would it be and please confirm that it will be crated if shipped. Nothing like getting a hockey stick for a tailgate. Thanks, Tony
It can indeed be crated but after you do that, Fastenal is cheaper than Fedex - Fastenal palletizes everything but only charges by weight - not mileage to wherever. A lightweight tailgate should go that way vs crating. Crating makes a very heavy FedEx package - let me see what Fastenal says in the morning
1961 Chevy SWB Fleetside BBW Custom Cab #'s matching 283 V8 & Powerglide w/ uber-rare Cool-Pack A/C, factory PB, deluxe heat, Clock
1961 GMC K1000 4x4 SWB w/ BBW, Custom Cab and numbers matching 305D V6 engine & 4 spd
1960 GMC SWB Fleetside BBW Custom Cab #'s matching 305A V6 & Hydramatic, factory PB, Clock, Tach, Compass, Hood Jet
1959 Chevy SWB Fleetside BBW Custom Cab w/ rare stainless bed trim, #'s matching 283 V8 & Hydramatic, Deluxe Heat, radio, spotlight
1958 Chevy Cameo #'s matching 283 V8 & Hydramatic, radio, window washers, Factory PB
1958 GMC BBW SWB Fleetside Custom Cab, #'s matching 336 V8 Hydramatic, Factory PS, PB, Clock, RSD, Deluxe Heat & Hood Jet
1957 GMC Suburban Pickup (GMC's Cameo) #'s matching 347 V8 Hydramatic, uber-rare vacuum ashtray, Factory PS, PB, Clock, RSD, Hood Jet
1956 Chevy 3800 1 ton w/ rare 9 ft stepside bed, factory 265 V8 w/ Hydramatic, factory PB, Custom Cab, deluxe heat, spotlight and hood jet.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:28 PM   #4
CousinTone

So long as it's not damaged, let me know. I'd like to see some pics when you can. I'd like to get this complete as soon as you're able. Thanks, Tony
Old 07-08-2017, 02:42 PM   #5
GMCNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinTone View Post
So long as it's not damaged, let me know. I'd like to see some pics when you can. I'd like to get this complete as soon as you're able. Thanks, Tony
So all the pictures are posted in this thread - I cannot guarantee any shipper will not damage the gate, but I can tell you I get all mine sent here from all over the US wrapped in nothing but cardboard and they all made it fine. Fastenal wants 150.00 to send it to your store on a pallet and that is the absolute safest and cheapest way vs crating because the cost for me to go buy plywood and cut and screw together a crate is like 100.00 besides what it takes to ship that heavy of an item. Sounds like you have had issues in the past with shippers so I don't know what to tell you - I always opt to pay the lowest cost to send a tailgate to me here which is cardboard or shrink wrapped and sent through Fedex. Another thing we can do is drop it at the "UPS Store" and they call you for your debit card info and you pay whatever they charge - that way its professional packaged by them and thus actually guaranteed not to get damaged or they pay for it - unlike when you wrap it and buy insurance - that money gets wasted every time because they will never cover damage on an insured package you wrapped. Think about it and let me know what you want to do
Old 08-10-2017, 01:24 PM   #6
CousinTone

Hey GMCNUT, I just shipped a 69 tailgate, see my post in this thread, that I crated and FedEx ground cost $54 from OC, CA to Littleton CO. I realize AL us a bit farther. If you could give me dimensions wrapped in cardboard, I'll shop the price but would need your address (you could PM me) so I could find a convenient shipper that's not too far for you to drive for drop off. If you have wrapped weight, that will give me exactly what I need and we can figure this out. Thank you!!