The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-27-2003, 09:45 PM   #1
crackajacka
Stylin

Exclamation Need help fast Brake light switch

ok i finally noticed why my brake lights do not work. THE SWITCH IS GONE. ok ive got the switch and the bracket but where do the 2 wires goto on the switch????? Help please i hate tearing down the dash to do this stuff cause this is my daily driver.
crackajacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 10:57 PM   #2
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

You should not have to tear down the dash. The brake switch is located on the brake pedal. It does not matter which way the wire are plugged into it. All it does is complete the circuit when you push on the pedal.
Old 10-27-2003, 11:34 PM   #3
crackajacka
Stylin

well g all my crap is hooked up wrong then cause i cant access it without taking out the air duct that runs under the dash and for me to remove mine i have to the bezel off( to get the bezel off i have to loosen the dash pad) then unhook my radio cause it wont clear enough to go far enough to unscrew the screws on the vent.... but anyways i dont know what was loose but i reseated 2 relays and the flasher(to the right of the brake pedal i guess thats my 4high and hazard light thing) and it suddenly worked so i dont know. if i had the money and the time i would tear the dash completely apart and custom run everything with a new wireing harness cause thats what it needs
crackajacka is offline   Reply With Quote