The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-29-2017, 06:57 PM   #1
SabbathFanatic

'71 C10 LQ4/4L80e swap

Hey guys,

Getting started on my build, so I figured I'd start a thread. This is nothing new or original, but I might have a few questions along the way from people that have done this before, so this is probably more for me than you... but there will be pictures. I know everyone likes pictures.

Anyways, a few months ago a friend needed to get rid of his beater Sonoma quick so I ended up with it for pretty cheap. I got bored of it pretty quickly, and found a guy on craigslist a few weeks ago that wanted to trade me for his 71 C10. I drove down and got it as soon as I could!

Got it home and cleaned up a little bit and I'm in love. I've always had a thing for junky longbeds, and 67-72s are my dream truck. This one is perfect.

The engine was a seized 305, so I figured this was a perfect truck for an LS swap. Found a pretty good deal on an LQ4/4L80e combo from a scrapper in California and ordered it. 175K on it, and it's a 2wd. I'm assuming most people are looking for a 4wd 4L80, so that might be why it was cheaper than the rest of them.

This weekend I got the front end off, which was amazingly easy. It also made pulling the old drivetrain a breeze, so I got that done too.

Got an email today that my new engine/trans was pulled and on the pallet! Should be here sometime next week, so I'm super excited!
Old 11-29-2017, 08:35 PM   #2
builtbyKane

Re: '71 C10 LQ4/4L80e swap

Going to be one cool work truck.
builtbyKane is offline   Reply With Quote