The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-10-2018, 10:26 AM   #1
Sleipnir

Convert 67 Instrument Panel to 68

Hi all,

I have been looking around the internet and I cant find any resource to convert my 67 instrument panel to a 68. I want to remove the bottom wiper hole and move it to where the choke is. I have a 68 panel but not sure whats all involved with moving the wiper switch over and removing the choke.
Sleipnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:39 AM   #2
Grumpy old man

Re: Convert 67 Instrument Panel to 68

extend the wires for the switch .
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:58 AM   #3
Sleipnir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
extend the wires for the switch .

Thats what I figured but wanted to confirm with you guys

Is there anything else I need for the choke delete? I am taking the choke out all together but should I? Would it be better to add a choke under the dash?
Old 01-10-2018, 12:41 PM   #4
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleipnir View Post
Hi all,

I have been looking around the internet and I cant find any resource to convert my 67 instrument panel to a 68. I want to remove the bottom wiper hole and move it to where the choke is. I have a 68 panel but not sure whats all involved with moving the wiper switch over and removing the choke.
If you look at the wiper harness electrical wire and examine the wire wrap tape you should be able to un-tuck the end of the wire wrap tape and unwrap it from around harness to gain enough length to move it to the passenger side, then re-tuck wire wrap tape after removing excess. Then you don't have to add extensions to the existing wire. Done this on several. By the way tour going to a 69-72 dash if your moving wiper switch to passenger side. 67 & 68 both had the wiper switch on drivers side and both had choke opening on upper left passenger side.
Paul Jr. @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:44 PM   #5
Sleipnir

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCPaul View Post
If you look at the wiper harness electrical wire and examine the wire wrap tape you should be able to un-tuck the end of the wire wrap tape and unwrap it from around harness to gain enough length to move it to the passenger side, then re-tuck wire wrap tape after removing excess. Then you don't have to add extensions to the existing wire. Done this on several. By the way tour going to a 69-72 dash if your moving wiper switch to passenger side. 67 & 68 both had the wiper switch on drivers side and both had choke opening on upper left passenger side.
Paul Jr. @ GMCPauls
Thanks Paul! The I mustve gotten my years mixed up but the new panel does have a single hole on the right and left so it's a 69-72.