The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-22-2018, 11:17 AM   #1
72 K10 Fanatic

72 K10 Steering Column Dilemma

Hi- I have a 72 K10 and I have been trying to replace a defective turn signal switch. The problem I'm having is that no matter what I do or how I try to route the switch wires through the column, they get pinched by the steering column fixed sleeve (the blue, notched part in the photos, views 1 &2) There is also a weird metal channel in the sleeve that fits over the column (you can see it in first 2 photos, down in the sleeve) and mates up to the housing the turn signal is in, but there is NO way to route the wires though it. Every time I turn the wheel, the harness catches and gets hung up on the metal lip of the blue fixed sleeve over the steering shaft. This rig originally had a manual tranny that I converted to a Turbo 400 with a Lokar floor shifter. It is a non-tilt column, with an aftermarket Grant wheel and adapter hub for the steering shaft spline. Has anyone run across this problem and how did you solve it? Any help would be very, very appreciated, as I am ready to go on a shooting spree!! LOL
Attached Images

72 K10 Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote