The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-29-2018, 01:19 PM   #1
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA

Question LMC radiator support question

Has anyone on here ever personally used the repro radiator supports from LMC? And if so, did they fit well? I keep hearing horror stories about LMC body parts not fitting correctly. These are almost impossible to find for 67-68 C10s and GMCs without severe rust damage.
PROJECT JIGSAW 1967 GMC C3500
GREAT WHITE 1986 Blazer M1009
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 02:58 PM   #2
dmjlambert

Re: LMC radiator support question

For parts that others have talked about quality and fitment is a common problem, I tend to order from GMC Pauls because he has already done the homework. He has commented here on the forum if a particular part that is good is not available from any manufacturer, he just doesn't carry it at all. I have not ordered a radiator support yet, but when it becomes time for that I think I will just order from him. I have ordered other parts from him that were great.
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 03:04 PM   #3
TheRocket

I needed a new radiator so I ordered from LMC. I ordered, I believe, a 4-row, plus upper and lower mounts. The radiator seemed ok, but the mounts were too short. I had numerous discussions with LMC about this problem, even sending them pictures. I discovered that LMC is owned by either Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton because all they wanted to do was blame somebody else. Damn Russians! Anyway, they finally offered to send me a smaller radiator, along with mounts. The deal was, they would send the new radiator on their dime and I would pay for the return freight. Out of my frustration, I agreed to it. What a fool I was! It cost them about $35 to send to me due to the breaks they get with the shipper and it cost me $75 to send the wrong parts to them.

What these fools don't understand when they treat people like this is they lose a customer in return. This stupidity on their part has cost them lots of sales. GMCPauls.com and Classicheartbeat.com are the places to buy from. They are good companies.
TheRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 03:04 PM   #4
Redneck Rydes

X2 on GMC Pauls
Redneck Rydes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:24 AM   #5
shoveldug

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck rydes View Post
x2 on gmc pauls
x3
shoveldug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 10:35 AM   #6
toolboxchev

That's right, lets keep the reputable companies in business. They are helping us with correct parts and easy policies.

If they were not shoveling garbage there would be no need to pay for return shipping.

I just received a complete front end from MOOG, ordered and shipped from Jeg's Performance. All USA made stuff with matching batch production numbers, and all at a competitive price. Arrived with no damage.

I would happily buy product from GMC Paul, or Classic Heartbeat, yet they did not carry the front end stuff.
toolboxchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 05:34 PM   #7
panhead59

I got mine from lmc and it was fine. A lot of parts for these trucks are made by just a couple of manufacturers. If the part you order ultamately comes from the same manufacturer, then other factors such as price, customer service etc. Comes into play. Personally i have rebuilt several classic vehicals and GEnERALLY consider lmc a good co. To deal with.

1959 H-D Panhead. Owned since 1978. Currently with son in Lawton, OK.
1968 Chevy Custom SWB pick up. Fleetside. Lowered 4/6. Totally refurbished. 1966 Pontiac GTO. 4 speed. Saved original 389. Now has slightly built 455 engine. 355 rear gears. Very fun to drive !
panhead59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 10:38 AM   #8
TheRocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolboxchev View Post
That's right, lets keep the reputable companies in business. They are helping us with correct parts and easy policies.

If they were not shoveling garbage there would be no need to pay for return shipping.

I just received a complete front end from MOOG, ordered and shipped from Jeg's Performance. All USA made stuff with matching batch production numbers, and all at a competitive price. Arrived with no damage.

I would happily buy product from GMC Paul, or Classic Heartbeat, yet they did not carry the front end stuff.
I have a stack of Moog coil springs for the rear of my 1971 sitting here. I purchased them from my local CARQUEST store. I helped keep a local guy in business, somebody who supports our school and community. Jeg's doesn't support our local schools, Scouts, sports teams, churches, etc.
TheRocket is offline   Reply With Quote