The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2018, 10:19 AM   #1
Danvis

Give me ideas...new project

I have had 4x4 trucks my entire life and i just got my hands on a 1984 c30. I dont know what direction i want to go with the truck. Ive considered a 4x4 swap as ive done one before but with my reasearch im thinking i have a c&c truck(will have to shorten frame to make a dually bed look correct and not lookkn to do that much right now) so im hung up on how to set this truck up...work truck and keep it 2wd or 4x4 swap it and put it on 35s.. I hate the rake it has so id like to raise the front regaurdless. Its geared at 4.56 so thatll be changed in time. And from what i can tell its pretty original byt i hate red so paint in due time.

Ill give some info on the truck and what ive done so far and yall throw some ideas this way. Just looking for something to give me some sense of direction.

1984 chevrolet c30 (believe to be c&c dont want to say i have completly confirmed that)
Sbc 350 all stock down to the q jet. (Eventually gonna get pulled just to freshen up...rings..seals..maybe a small cam for tourqe..headers..intake..carb(i like the qjet as it is but it will have to go...preference)
Th400 thst i just rebuilt when i got the truck.
4.56 gears...want to go to 4.11 or so to help with running 60 at 3k right now.
Only rust is in the mirror mounts..i have...better..doors to go on it when i get around to painting. Im thinking black cherry or a rootbeer color.
Danvis is offline   Reply With Quote